High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's Your Bid?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thought this might be interesting and maybe even educational to some extent. Post pictures of some jobs and see what others would bid it at.
Yeah, pictures wont tell the whole story but should be interesting.

Ok, what's your bid for this trees.
Customer wants it down (preferable not on the hosue) and limbed/blocked to movable pieces (with old Ford 8N tractor), no cleanup or material removal.

Slight side lean towards the house and a lot of weight from the one spare towards where I'm standing. Can be felled whole safely 90 degrees away from the house. ~32 DBH, no hazards or other structures to worry about crushing, tree is sound.
20190712_162732.jpg 20190712_162804.jpg
I'm probably going right over top of that old abandoned well with the yellow cover.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Travel time?
Set up break down time?
Shot line and rope or climber?
Usually set a line on stuff near structure.
Are you hiring any ground guys to help?

The job looks like four hours alone or less with a helper. Half day for a guy who moves along a bit imo. Dumb looks a still free.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Travel time?
Set up break down time?
Shot line and rope or climber?
Usually set a line on stuff near structure.
Are you hiring any ground guys to help?

The job looks like four hours alone or less with a helper. Half day for a guy who moves along a bit imo. Dumb looks a still free.
Make some assumptions. Just for *s-words and grins. Theres no right or wrong answer.

Drive is negligible.

Setup? Straight drop. Face cut and back cut. BOOM. No climbing. One man band. Low probability I'd add a tag line. Might do it anyways which would add climbing to it set. 150' of 3/8" cable and a hand winch.

No one seems to want to play. :crybaby2:

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If I was doing a felling job around the corner then they could consider it their luck day. I would just charge an hour.
Even if they wanted the trunk into 10" wheels. Still make the hour mark easy enough. May get some work 'word of mouth' down the road?
$85/$90 per hour for BC lower mainland Falling rate. (Property developments & such)
Make it cash in that case.

Otherwise 4 hour minimal if you are dealing with the city rat race.

$340- $360

''leave debris"

I would move the hatch and fall it over the old well and spread the
6"x 6" out for brow logs as far up as you can to keep as much trunk in the air.
If it stays up on the cylinder then block it tight after the fact.

Can't see the pic very clear. A type of pine a believe?

Last edited:

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd climb it and limb it out at least 2/3 the way up, fold over and zip line the risky limbs.....

Set a line rigged into both tops (probably figure 8'ed) because in my experiences, white pines give up the ghost at the crotches sometimes, come down and flop it.

No clean-up, 4 hrs, 2 guys, 4 bills...

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd climb it and limb it out at least 2/3 the way up, fold over and zip line the risky limbs.....

Set a line rigged into both tops (probably figure 8'ed) because in my experiences, white pines give up the ghost at the crotches sometimes, come down and flop it.

No clean-up, 4 hrs, 2 guys, 4 bills...
Thanks for the tip on the figure 8, never thought of that, I'm going to use it. I talked with my uncle last night who does tree work. He said to pit a line in it, it's worth the time and I agree.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So here's the kicker. Thet have two other trees they want down in addition to that one by the cottage. Cant damage anything with them but they are a big hazard as you can see. One was a lightening strike and they thought they could burn the rest down (left in first pic). :BangHead:
20190714_135908.jpg 20190712_162500.jpg 20190712_162534.jpg 20190712_162558.jpg 20190712_162612.jpg

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Torch the whole patch then.... meh

Add fifty or more per tree and don't stand around waiting for the crumbs to hit you when the hinge breaks. Looks like widow rain there in those dead sticks.

Edit: That place is a dangerous mess of rotten crap! Approach it as such.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those look like they are gonna dull your chain,the rotten tree looks like has decomposed to almost dirt.
Are you saying you'd want to use that one as mulch.

Marshy around here it would pay pretty good, but up where cabins like that are the rates are cheap everyones brother has a saw.
I bet they could get all that done for 500.

JBW1

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It’s hard to find felling work in the city I live, some people are good with having some guy with a saw, others will demand some kind of insurance incase something bad happens. Some people are ok with the lowest bidder, but others won’t even give you a chance. I don’t blame them. It’s actually really smart to CYA. Here, there are MASSIVE cotton wood and Siberian elm really close to houses.
Awesome topic BTW!