High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's wrong with the MS661?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Jeff, for what it's worth the local lumber yard that is a makita dealer will order me any saw I wish.
He might be your best bet, never know. If he will stock the parts you need who cares.
Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. Their website shows they sell saws. Idk?

5 miles here won't even get you to my neighbors place, let alone to a stihl dealer.

Lmao....

View attachment 140658
Those are much shorter than NE rat race miles. Yours go fast, ours,not so much local. All traffic north and west of me bad and cumbersome.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He might be your best bet, never know. If he will stock the parts you need who cares.

Those are much shorter than NE rat race miles. Yours go fast, ours,not so much local. All traffic north and west of me bad and cumbersome.

True. There is only one stop light in the entire county I live in, at times I find myself taking a different route just to avoid it. Lol

I dislike traffic, and congestion. I like wide open spaces. I was in Denver a few months ago, got stuck in traffic jamb, car accident ahead, went 4 miles, in 45 minutes....that sucked.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Poppin’ John

4cf8e030ddca116ea53188701253a571.jpg

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not meaning to start some sort of "kick the Stihl lovers" thread, or bash on Stihl bullsh*t, but what's the deal with the 661CM? Two seconds ago I found yet another one for sale that is listed as "needs work". I know there's been some sort of coil and/or solenoid upgrades on them, but what - on a basic level - is going wrong with them? Is it fixable (is it spendy)? Is it worth chasing one of these saws, or when they go south are they pretty much toast???
Its A Stihl. Stihl took a wrong turn somewhere. Only thing they make good anymore imo is the 461. The 46s I think we're their shining point and best saw that stihl ever built.

Last edited: