High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's wrong with the MS661?

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So yesterday I was out cut a few trees down with my new 661 that only has about a gallon of gas trough it. on a small tree maybe about 24in I was bore cutting it and the dang thing threw the chain about half way through the cut. I thought maybe it broke the drive sprocket. Upon further inspection I find the the dang chain adjuster has failed leaving the saw useless for the rest of the day. My question is this a common thing or just a fluke

Huntaholic

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So yesterday I was out cut a few trees down with my new 661 that only has about a gallon of gas trough it. on a small tree maybe about 24in I was bore cutting it and the dang thing threw the chain about half way through the cut. I thought maybe it broke the drive sprocket. Upon further inspection I find the the dang chain adjuster has failed leaving the saw useless for the rest of the day. My question is this a common thing or just a fluke
Ummm that wouldn't ruin my day or stop me from working. In fact Ive got a 461 that the chain adjuster has NEVER worked on since I got it. Simply loosen the bar nuts, hold the saw up by the bar and tighten the nuts back down.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This might be off the subject of the broken shear pin for the bar adjuster but here it goes. I was talking to my local Stihl dealer today and he told me about his recent trip to Germany to the Stihl factory. We were talking about the new and upcoming saws, (462 and 500i). We started talking about the whole M-tronic system and the issues which brings me to my point of this post.

He told me that the people at the Stihl plant was telling him that the chatter from a chain being too loose can cause a frequency disruption in the M-tronic system. Which in turn can cause it not to run right.

What do you guy's think of this? Does this sound crazy?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This might be off the subject of the broken shear pin for the bar adjuster but here it goes. I was talking to my local Stihl dealer today and he told me about his recent trip to Germany to the Stihl factory. We were talking about the new and upcoming saws, (462 and 500i). We started talking about the whole M-tronic system and the issues which brings me to my point of this post.

He told me that the people at the Stihl plant was telling him that the chatter from a chain being too loose can cause a frequency disruption in the M-tronic system. Which in turn can cause it not to run right.

What do you guy's think of this? Does this sound crazy?

Sounds like it came from page 8 of the "book"