What's this thing?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
One of the better threads here!

Waste of time. Something like a GTG with no fun.
I’d like to see it with a 8 pin and 24” bar buried in hardwood and compare it to a stock 461 or 372 xtorq with the same setup so we can see where the real power is at and how it compares to what’s out there.
I'd like to see it take on non ported 44-6 hybrid. Who has one to bring? I might.

Damn thing don’t look any faster than a 372xp in that small wood...

’zactly.

Might as well strap a 36” blade on it and find a real log to cut...
After seeing 50cc saws with 28-36 bars for testing on breakin runs, up your game or go home. My barely touched ms362 sports 84-91 dl. Lets get real...
Hook it up with a 28 or 32 in 404 RS full comp and see what it's got.
I test saws now with RS 404 83-117dl ;-)
Stuff great for killing big oak and locust trees to.
Definitely worth your time to watch if you want to know about the improvements brought about with the 572.
Not interested in a 572 per say but I like the technology going into the new stuff. I think some more field R&D would help new tec find the bugs. Everything's some big secret these days.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Lightning Performance, post: 665758

I think some more field R&D would help new tec find the bugs. Everything's some big secret these days.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what they did and for a few years. Ask Bob, he'll fill you in.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind we are all waiting for the new thread ;)

I hear ya. I'm working as fast as I can.......reassembling my third of nine 562XPs right now. I wanna do a good detailed thread when I get a chance......but I gotta get several saws outta here first.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy,
When you do the 562xp I remember someone (or you) saying you were doing a muffler mod to help it breathe, cutting the squish for increased compression, and making a popup piston. Which I thought was interesting as I thought you were generally against pop-ups (I remember some discussion between you and Brad about the benefits vs drawbacks).

Are you still doing them that way, or are you keeping a flat top piston and changing port timing at this point? And where are you starting the experiments with the 572 based off your experience with the 562?

Were you also shaving the key for timing advance?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy,
When you do the 562xp I remember someone (or you) saying you were doing a muffler mod to help it breathe, cutting the squish for increased compression, and making a popup piston. Which I thought was interesting as I thought you were generally against pop-ups (I remember some discussion between you and Brad about the benefits vs drawbacks).

Are you still doing them that way, or are you keeping a flat top piston and changing port timing at this point? And where are you starting the experiments with the 572 based off your experience with the 562?

Were you also shaving the key for timing advance?

I just cut squish. No timing advance on the 550 or 562.

I wanna get a tank or do thru the 572 before I make any decisions or assumptions.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd wait a few more days.

Build a little more suspense and stuff.

I've got some saws here that have been here for months. Hell, I didn't sleep well last night thinking about all I had to do.

I've stopped taking on used saws, stopped scheduling work altogether, but still so far behind it's troubling to me.

I really wish I had some good help.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got some saws here that have been here for months. Hell, I didn't sleep well last night thinking about all I had to do.

I've stopped taking on used saws, stopped scheduling work altogether, but still so far behind it's troubling to me.

Oh I hear you Randy, I'm booked until November and that's if it doesn't rain a bunch and I feel like I could puke or stroke out many days a week! Work is good! But nothing is ever in moderation

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Where's the Bubba? I'm sure he could use some summer time cash.

And remember it could ways be worse.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh I hear you Randy, I'm booked until November and that's if it doesn't rain a bunch and I feel like I could puke or stroke out many days a week! Work is good! But nothing is ever in moderation

I try not to get stressed.....but I always feel like I'm a slacker if I sit on my ass for a few minutes. I was just offered 60 acres of wheat to cut on halves for hay......and I've also got 65 - 70 acres of my usual grass hay to cut. Holy crap......maybe sleep is overrated. LOL

Where's the Bubba? I'm sure he could use some summer time cash.

And remember it could ways be worse.

I hope to get him started on mufflers as soon as school is out.

Yeah......I could without any work. Believe me......I'm thankful. That still ain't helping the stress level.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try not to get stressed.....but I always feel like I'm a slacker if I sit on my ass for a few minutes. I was just offered 60 acres of wheat to cut on halves for hay......and I've also got 65 - 70 acres of my usual grass hay to cut. Holy crap......maybe sleep is overrated. LOL

I hope to get him started on mufflers as soon as school is out.

Yeah......I could without any work. Believe me......I'm thankful. That still ain't helping the stress level.

If you got people not understanding the definition of lead time on custom made to order chainsaws you can direct them to me and I can paint a colorful picture of how the rest of the world works and how long other built to order stuff can take.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you got people not understanding the definition of lead time on custom made to order chainsaws you can direct them to me and I can paint a colorful picture of how the rest of the world works and how long other built to order stuff can take.

I rarely have anyone complain Wayne. I'm the guy that kicks my ass.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rarely have anyone complain Wayne. I'm the guy that kicks my ass.

Well in that case, you gotta take it easy.

And you could always charge a "hot job" fee for the pushy people.

The place I work has that option for customers at a 20-30% charge. Oh course we dont see any of it lol.