High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's on your bench?

Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 154132 Understand. I held a feeler gauge even with the base and it doesnt take much to make a flat spot on where the boot would seal up on the bottom. Good info considering i have bought a few saws including this one that wer killed by air leaks. Pic above is with no base gasket so im good on the up and down machining thankfully. U have the same pointer i do:D

Yeah, I figured if I jsed the same pointer you would recognize what I was pointing at

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So the more I look atthe 353 cylinder the more it bewilders me. There is potential to match the port perfectly to the base/case, but doing so breaks into the transfer cover bolt bosses. Is this on purpose? If the cylinder is opened up to match the case, will it result in a lazy port? Too much width/depth resulting in slow fill/lack of velocity? Is that why it has such a goofy squared off and impeding design?

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I figured if I jsed the same pointer you would recognize what I was pointing at
LMAO!
So the more I look atthe 353 cylinder the more it bewilders me. There is potential to match the port perfectly to the base/case, but doing so breaks into the transfer cover bolt bosses. Is this on purpose? If the cylinder is opened up to match the case, will it result in a lazy port? Too much width/depth resulting in slow fill/lack of velocity? Is that why it has such a goofy squared off and impeding design?
This is the part i like:icon_popcorn: the theory.......

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fill the case to match the cylinder?

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure the end product is a trade-off of cost vs performance....
Ideally a perfect match and a smooth transition is best but at what production cost?
Also factoring in the intended user expectations...
That particular saw is in a gray area in my opinion, "pro" (metal cased) saw with not so pro performance compared to a 346 (essentially the same sans p/c).

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Fill the case to match the cylinder?

If you look at how much material is removed to match the case and port opening, you will lose pressure in the transfer. If the crank had a stuffer the now oversized lower port opening would make perfect sense. But, in original condition the transfer port has a large flat step at the very bottom and the port opening into the cyl is oddly shaped. Makes me wonder if there is issue with even more lackluster performance if properly matched.

A caveat to that is the 372xt lower transfer port openings. They are ridiculously choked from the factory.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Rounded and smooth will always flow better than square and sharp edged.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yes, less turbulence.

I’ll have to look more in depth at it tomorrow. I don’t think JB Weld is going to work. I really don’t want to weld that much inside the bearing cup.