Country flag

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I assembled another Asian 440 case and installed the chain adjuster and got it to work. Since the HL Supply chain adjusters are back ordered, I used the one that came with the saw. The large adjuster gear had to be reduced in size, so I chucked it in a cordless drill and ran it against a file for a bit.

Hey, it works!

I've done some additional port work to a BB cylinder I plan to use, and I'm just waiting for some OEM 460 pistons to arrive.

I figure I've got all the hard stuff done, now it's just a matter of putting it all together.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing Nicer would be if they were of Stihl quality. Husky’s are fast POS’s afaic. They can keep all but the 2 series.

What’s faster, a saw that’s 5% slower and will cut all day, or a faster one that won’t idle right/computer will fail/saw will last a few hours before it fails?

Asking for a friend.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing Nicer would be if they were of Stihl quality. Husky’s are fast POS’s afaic. They can keep all but the 2 series.

What’s faster, a saw that’s 5% slower and will cut all day, or a faster one that won’t idle right/computer will fail/saw will last a few hours before it fails?

Asking for a friend.

Hater

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Asking for a friend.

So how is your 562 coming Doc? LOL

I honestly do not understand how the AutoTune saws got such a reputation for being unreliable. I have been a Husqvarna dealer for eight years now and in that entire time I have had ONE saw with a problem that was actually related to the AutoTune. Had a brand new 550 XP that for some reason lost its firmware halfway through the second tank. Never did figure out why, reloaded it and all is well.

As far as reliability the 3 series has proven over time (excluding the X Torq models) to be on par with the 2 series or any Stihl out there. The 5 series saws are IMO a little too high strung for their own good, but I have customers with 2011 562s that run every day.

Now, does Husqvarna need to step up their quality control? Absolutely. Although I have only personally seen it once I have seen enough pictures of pinched intake boots from the factory to know that they need to find a better way.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hola gents!

Doc, I finished up a 346 yesterday and made a couple test cuts with it. That thing is STOUT! It might be stronger than the 026. Not calling you out, its my first 346 and I am impressed (not by my own work, by the saw). That 026 is the bar of which I compare all the other saws I work on. I would venture to guess no less than 40 different people have run that 026 and every one of them has handed it back with a HUGE smile on their faces.

Got any 026 cyl hanging around?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did manage to run through a few things over the last few weeks...carburetor on one of my generators was in pretty sad shape. It cleaned up nice with carb cleaner, etc and back up and running. Went through the carb in my Karcher 2500 psi pressure washer...runs like a sewing machine again. Gotta replace a 145 degree thermal relief valve on the pump that pees a little water but doesn’t affect the functionality of it...and bought a new replacement Tecumseh carb for $20 for my ol’ Craftsman edging machine. It’s back up and running like a top. Carb on the edging machine just kicked my ass and said to hell with it and bought a new replacement.

Last edited: