beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And painted the muffler.......no mod needed.
6dece0754c6715bf5418b21ed48ba490.jpg
Sexy...that chain brake has to be rare. I've never seen one like it.

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sexy...that chain brake has to be rare. I've never seen one like it.
Only one I've ever seen too.
They were an dealer option in the states from what I can find.
Break band is broken so I just took it out. Maybe someday I'll find one. But I think there like hens toofs.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stay tuned in about a three or four days I'll be tarring down my first farmertec 660 the big end rod bearing went so I need to get another crankshaft but not going with the farmertec one I'm going to put a better one in it if any of you have any ideas please let me I know HL supply has two different crankshafts listed but they don't say what brand they are so some help if you please. :beer-toast1:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stay tuned in about a three or four days I'll be tarring down my first farmertec 660 the big end rod bearing went so I need to get another crankshaft but not going with the farmertec one I'm going to put a better one in it if any of you have any ideas please let me I know HL supply has two different crankshafts listed but they don't say what brand they are so some help if you please. :beer-toast1:

I would call them to confirm. Looks like the sell an early crank, a late model crank, and a kit with bearings and gaskets. The gaskets say Hyway, so possibly the crank is also, but again, I would call them to confirm. I know they also do sell Farmtec products.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That might cause a no start.....
What's the p/c look like?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
P&C had carbon scoring. Compression felt ok.

There was no fuel line in the saw, as in none.

Saw may cost more to rebuild than its worth.

It’s getting a modified (squish fixed and ports corrected) Hyway top end with a meteor piston. I still have to correct piston with an angled .007 cut off edge of crown to match the .018 band squish. It’s at .011 at the very edge.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have picked up several " low compression" saws from dealers missing parts and in various stages of assembly that required only a carb kit and reassembly.
Good ones and bad ones out there, some in between.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would call them to confirm. Looks like the sell an early crank, a late model crank, and a kit with bearings and gaskets. The gaskets say Hyway, so possibly the crank is also, but again, I would call them to confirm. I know they also do sell Farmtec products.
Yea i seen that to no more farmertec crankshafts for me lol.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for your problem, but I have yet to have one of the Farmtec cranks fail in 660 or 440. I did have a piston pin bearing fail, but not the crank.

You may have just got a bad one, or there may have been some grit in there that was not flushed out. I flush every bearing from them with WD-40 before I even try to spin them. Seems to help.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for your problem, but I have yet to have one of the Farmtec cranks fail in 660 or 440. I did have a piston pin bearing fail, but not the crank.

You may have just got a bad one, or there may have been some grit in there that was not flushed out. I flush every bearing from them with WD-40 before I even try to spin them. Seems to help.
Yea i flushed mine out to but it happened it was running really good to and I was running 32:1 with it at 12,800 so I was safe all and all I called HL Sopply and he couldn't tell me what brand the crank was maybe someone can tell us what the make and band of the crank that there selling. I did notice that the crank in my saw is different than my second ms660 the one that took a dump on me had a slot on the very bottom of the rod and on the very top of the rod for loub but I'm glad I cout it when I did or it could have taken out the meteor cylinder kit that's on it that would have been expensive.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The parts that come with those kits change a bit from one to another. I think they just go with the lowest bid.
Yep that's my guess. Well this will give me something to do for myself while I fix other people's saws. Lol. Yea I'm trying to get a positive because I do like the saw so I may as well make this one better I guess I've got to much $$$ in it now. :roto2palm: