High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's on your bench?

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Guy was looking for a 3450 with 20". He wanted my GB bar I had been running on it. But told him I would sell it with this ole oem bar. Time will tell if it goes.

Dual port muffler with 3 shoe clutch.

p3450vvv.jpg p3450vvvv.jpg p3450vv.jpg p3450v.jpg

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does any one know wer I can get transfer cover gaskets for a 2159? Thought about removing the bottom of the transfer ports to the gasket lines. But i would wanna remove the covers to make sure i get all the shavings out. If i motosealed them back in minus gasket i would be losing the gasket width in the transfer....seems counter productive to me. Not sure if there is gains to be made with my thoughts or just leave it alone? Pen point shows shiny material to be removed... have seen some pics of guys doing this on these motors. image.jpgimage.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does any one know wer I can get transfer cover gaskets for a 2159? Thought about removing the bottom of the transfer ports to the gasket lines. But i would wanna remove the covers to make sure i get all the shavings out. If i motosealed them back in minus gasket i would be losing the gasket width in the transfer....seems counter productive to me. Not sure if there is gains to be made with my thoughts or just leave it alone? Pen point shows shiny material to be removed... have seen some pics of guys doing this on these motors. View attachment 143138View attachment 143139

I think it's just an O ring.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does any one know wer I can get transfer cover gaskets for a 2159? Thought about removing the bottom of the transfer ports to the gasket lines. But i would wanna remove the covers to make sure i get all the shavings out. If i motosealed them back in minus gasket i would be losing the gasket width in the transfer....seems counter productive to me. Not sure if there is gains to be made with my thoughts or just leave it alone? Pen point shows shiny material to be removed... have seen some pics of guys doing this on these motors. View attachment 143138View attachment 143139
Reuse the old o-ring along with some Moto seal and you'll be fine. Just degrease everything with some brake cleaner before you put it back together.

You don't have to take it all the way back to the gasket line. Also,be aware of the screw locations while grinding. You can get into the threads real easy.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it's just an O ring.
Reuse the old o-ring along with some Moto seal and you'll be fine. Just degrease everything with some brake cleaner before you put it back together.

You don't have to take it all the way back to the gasket line. Also,be aware of the screw locations while grinding. You can get into the threads real easy.

So they r indeed paper gaskets and not o-rings. Curiosity killed the cat which has brought me to this question. I did remove the covers just to see what it looked like in there. The paper gaskets r stuck to the head pretty good. The covers come off with ease. I figured before i boogered them up tryin to get um off i should check my options. Besides calling a dealer i havent found anything yet on the interwebs.
And thank u for the grinding tip. If i go that direction it will be a very slow and thought out process

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never heard of one with gaskets. I wonder if the previous guy took them off because they were bad and just replaced them with a gasket? From what I've heard, the only way to get the O-rings is with a brand new cylinder

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never heard of one with gaskets. I wonder if the previous guy took them off because they were bad and just replaced them with a gasket? From what I've heard, the only way to get the O-rings is with a brand new cylinder
Zackly...paper gasket seems like a bad idea.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
353 has gaskets as well, came apart fine for me and have to be re used along with some sealer for insurance purposes as I could find no new replacements. Had to have a special torx bit with a hole in the middle of it to take it apart. Thought it was nice to be able to hog a lot out of there easily, now I think I actually negated other gains that were made by doing so.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
353 has gaskets as well, came apart fine for me and have to be re used along with some sealer for insurance purposes as I could find no new replacements. Had to have a special torx bit with a hole in the middle of it to take it apart. Thought it was nice to be able to hog a lot out of there easily, now I think I actually negated other gains that were made by doing so.
Now I'm thinking I didn't pull the covers when I ported my 353 because I didn't have the security bits for the screws.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a pic of Randy's beautiful port work on a 359 I believe. I kinda used it as a guide and my 353 runs pretty darn good.
b386707af0b218660ecbe2c0ad43c5de.jpg