huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are 3 turns out you probably need to lower the pop off pressure or raise the metering arm (which will lower the pop off about 1-2psi) to open the needle further.
I drilled the main in that 390 you raced against in MO, Levi was running it in the 6 cube against your 395. I believe I went 2 sizes bigger. Got it down to 1 turn out. Next time I'll try going your route, and maybe only going 1 size bigger

Last edited:

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I drilled the main that 390 you raced against in MO, Levi was running it in the 6 cube against your 395. I believe I went 2 sizes bigger. Got it down to 1 turn out. Next time I'll try going your route, and maybe only going 1 size bigger

With a ported saw you loose crankcase compression because you've added intake duration. So the pulse strength is not as high and often you need to lower the pop off slightly to allow the carb to pump the amount of fuel necessary with a weaker pulse. It becomes very apparent if they run out of fuel during a long idle.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With a ported saw you loose crankcase compression because you've added intake duration. So the pulse strength is not as high and often you need to lower the pop off slightly to allow the carb to pump the amount of fuel necessary with a weaker pulse. It becomes very apparent if they run out of fuel during a long idle.
Makes complete sense.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Very interesting, can that also happen if you just do a base gasket delete?

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably not enough to make a difference.
I raised the lever about .010"; ended up turning the L screw in 1/4ish turn to compensate. L is now at 1.25 turns. Drilled main nozzle 2 sizes bigger. H went from 2.75 to 1.5 turns out. I like it there.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably not enough to make a difference.

My 10 mm 044, which runs very well w/o any porting, did not seem to idle real well after the base gasket delete. I kept thinking a seal was leaking again.

Then I put a HD-11 carb on it (richer jet), and I think she is better. Maybe just my imagination, but maybe not.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 10 mm 044, which runs very well w/o any porting, did not seem to idle real well after the base gasket delete. I kept thinking a seal was leaking again.

Then I put a HD-11 carb on it (richer jet), and I think she is better. Maybe just my imagination, but maybe not.

I had a base leak when I assembled mine, threads were disrupted on a hole and would not let it seal up properly.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ever have one of those days where you are so *f-wording fed up with *s-word you could punt a kitten into a wood-chipper?

No kittens have been harmed by my frustration and lack of patience with utterly ignorant people who don’t deserve the privilege of continuing to steal oxygen from the rest of us.

Sometimes I pray to any and all things Holy that being stupid should be EXTREMELY painful.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ever have one of those days where you are so *frenching fed up with *s-word you could punt a kitten into a wood-chipper?

No kittens have been harmed by my frustration and lack of patience with utterly ignorant people who don’t deserve the privilege of continuing to steal oxygen from the rest of us.

Sometimes I pray to any and all things Holy that being stupid should be EXTREMELY painful.

Lol. Cat in a chipper.

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ever have one of those days where you are so *frenching fed up with *s-word you could punt a kitten into a wood-chipper?

I like to put a whole litter of kittens in a burlap sack throw them off a bridge and watch them try to swim lol

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got my P60 ready to pull the cylinder yesterday. When I get home I'll yank it and check squish again without a base gasket. I'm thinking that a good ole budweiser can gasket will get me what I need squish wise depending on how thick the factory gasket is. I'm at .035 right now. Also going to widen and depending on the numbers, raise the exhaust a bit. Got a new set of rings to slap in it while it's tore down.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
husqvarna 2100 thin ring getting buttoned up after rebuild and going home with owner last night.

Need some good used SEM coils for a couple more 2100 2101 builds. Trying to save owner $ over buying new ones.

DSCF0368.JPG