Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I’m in with my local echo dealer. I’ve always been a stihl guy but I like my 3 echo products so far. Cool with me cause they will actually sit around and talk where all the stihl dealers around me have no interest in talking about the products unless you for sure are going to buy something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You would love my Stihlership they started selling Echo this year too.

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
it's difficult to get a leg into a dealer shop, it wasnt easy for me.
A cousin to me fixed the deal I have with two countryside Husky dealers (same owner), but most important was to follow up the deal, when I drove up there to pick up a batch oem parts, they had found a decent 550xpg and 2×346 xpg projects for me for an symbolic price.
It has continued the same way after this :) they keep the projects on hold for me and I buy all the parts I need from them, win win deal
Thats what I've been doing with my dealers here too Tor.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Looks like my equipment will slowly start going from creamsicle to all orange which is fine as long as my stihl dealerships keep acting like they do

I also got a husky / stihl dealer about 20mins away and they sell used saws with warranties too. Love going to that place. It's in an old small town main street store front.

Thanks, nephew.

An 038 is next to hit the bench. We'll see how that goes.....

Stainless marine grade chain will fix it.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I also got a husky / stihl dealer about 20mins away and they sell used saws with warranties too. Love going to that place. It's in an old small town main street store front.

Stainless marine grade chain will fix it.

Most of the dealers around me are parts of big chains now. The echo dealer has 2 dealerships but they are way more laid back and even took my number and is going to let me in on deals when people don’t want to fix stuff due to the shop fees. Was asking one of my stihl dealers about the fs 94 because I don’t care for the extra weight of my fs 90 and love my old fs 80 and he was just like oh all commercial stuff is 4 mix now and just walked away.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the dealers around me are parts of big chains now. The echo dealer has 2 dealerships but they are way more laid back and even took my number and is going to let me in on deals when people don’t want to fix stuff due to the shop fees. Was asking one of my stihl dealers about the fs 94 because I don’t care for the extra weight of my fs 90 and love my old fs 80 and he was just like oh all commercial stuff is 4 mix now and just walked away.

After talking to others I consider myself lucky with the good dealers I have around here.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Chainsaws....pretty awesome that they are capable of eating sawdust, and *s-wordting pistons!!
This one plugged up the carburetor before any real damage occurred to the top end. A detailed cleaning, new spark plug, an RB69 and all is well.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
372....fiddling around with a @Poleman carb. This was the hyway 50mm I just ported. 195 psi after 1 tank.

Idle is....odd. tends to flood. So I lowered the needle lever twice. Better. Not perfect. Rich suggested I drill a hole in the butterfly. So I did that just now.

Also noticed the needle spring felt weak. Found one randomly lying around....a little stiffer. Will run her tomorrow.

I'm really happy with how the porting turned out though. This carb is gonna be the bees knees I think :)

Attachments

• 1505521549925667874472.jpg
    1505521549925667874472.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 1505521589278-1813975315.jpg
    1505521589278-1813975315.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 20

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jon, I got in a Stihl 046 with a thumb sized hole in the air cleaner that looked like that all throughout the saw....intake was schlacked with a hardens goo with sawdust imbedded in it....cylinder intake the same......crank, bearings, case inside all had that hardened goo. Told the guy it needed a new crank and bearings along with the top end....didn't want to go that far and spend they much as he wanted to flip the saw.....he got it back in a box and baggies.
Worst saw abuse I've ever seen.....well there was the time.........

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jon, I got in a Stihl 046 with a thumb sized hole in the air cleaner that looked like that all throughout the saw....intake was schlacked with a hardens goo with sawdust imbedded in it....cylinder intake the same......crank, bearings, case inside all had that hardened goo. Told the guy it needed a new crank and bearings along with the top end....didn't want to go that far and spend they much as he wanted to flip the saw.....he got it back in a box and baggies.
Worst saw abuse I've ever seen.....well there was the time.........
Should of offered him 10 bucks for it cause he ain't fixing it.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol, it was such a mess I didn't even want it, and that's bad!!! BTW, he was wanting $450 on Craigslist for it. When it wouldn't run right, start hard and sounded funny he brought it to get looked at.....he didn't like the truth!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol, it was such a mess I didn't even want it, and that's bad!!! BTW, he was wanting $450 on Craigslist for it. When it wouldn't run right, start hard and sounded funny he brought it to get looked at.....he didn't like the truth!
Glad you returned it in bags. You saved someone a screwing!