Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It uses a windowed piston so why not grind in some closed port transfers. I’m really curious how that saw ran. Could be crap or next level...never know
Cutter that was running it, said it was a screamer. For all I know, it may have been a screamer with no stump pulling power. He said he loved it though.

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing on the bench today but going to be testing and tuning these: 1974 Homelite Super EZ Auto for my collection and a Husky 455 Rancher I just went through for my buddy's dad.
053cbc30d506d07e3e7c4bcbf4cccddc.jpg
2ace9407b3d949d74e97a8dade0fd362.jpg
7d708262d10c3a88b6094e5688090ac2.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To the trash can it goes
im asking, thinking i know the answer, but wtf purpose does it serve to grind the top of the intake up 1/8” and leaving that stupid hangdown in the middle? and why would a guy take a pretty effective and well designed transfer port arrangement and turn it into that abortion, with a giant roadblock to transfer flow and finger port leading to a great big hole in the wall of a $300 cylinder? and then the “primary” transfer side has a lower opening thats about 1/2 the size of the upper opening? i dont get it.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
im asking, thinking i know the answer, but wtf purpose does it serve to grind the top of the intake up 1/8” and leaving that stupid hangdown in the middle? and why would a guy take a pretty effective and well designed transfer port arrangement and turn it into that abortion, with a giant roadblock to transfer flow and finger port leading to a great big hole in the wall of a $300 cylinder? and then the “primary” transfer side has a lower opening thats about 1/2 the size of the upper opening? i dont get it.
I think it is supposed to make for easier starting.
I personally have not ported anything, and have yet to delve into the rabbit hole of fingering, and wallerin out holes.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally have not ported anything, and have yet to delve into the rabbit hole of fingering, and wallerin out holes.
ive only done a handful of cylinders for myself, as i said im not a pro or anything of the sort, but the theories at work in that cylinder seem to conflict a bit with most of what ive learnt on the internet (which is obviously all true).

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it pops and didn’t drive me nuts or if I could tune it out, I’d still run the hell out of it.

Sorry for making you think it’s junk. Truth is, it might run like a raped ape. But if nobody ever tried it, we wouldn’t get any better. I’d build it and run it

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it pops and didn’t drive me nuts or if I could tune it out, I’d still run the hell out of it.

Sorry for making you think it’s junk. Truth is, it might run like a raped ape. But if nobody ever tried it, we wouldn’t get any better. I’d build it and run it
I like to see it run. Guy could of been onto sumpin. Hard to say without testing it

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like to see it run. Guy could of been onto sumpin. Hard to say without testing it
Just sent the guy I got the 461/661/and 462 a message. Asked him if it was just a good piss revver, or of it had some good stump grunt. Said he loved it...he did sound to be a pretty new faller, and has since moved onto other things. Which is the reason he didn’t need saws anymore. I’ll likely try to find a blown up 461 to throw check out this cylinder.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You're not wrong but it seems a little off the wall for a woods port/work saw. More of a fuggin around deal...

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just sent the guy I got the 461/661/and 462 a message. Asked him if it was just a good piss revver, or of it had some good stump grunt. Said he loved it...he did sound to be a pretty new faller, and has since moved onto other things. Which is the reason he didn’t need saws anymore. I’ll likely try to find a blown up 461 to throw check out this cylinder.
I’ve got a 461 here I’m porting for a buddy. If you don’t find a saw to try the cylinder on I’d be interested in testing it.