What's on your bench?

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
6:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The o ring usually disappears. I've only ever found a couple. Replace it and pack the sleeve with grease. Also make sure the face of the clutch that seats against the sleeve is flat so it can aid in sealing. Just a few things I've picked up that seem to help with the somewhat flawed design. I will normally go with a new sleeve also.

Thank you. Yeah I was wondering if I should also get a new sleeve..... I’ll throw one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Greek 359 is coming together.[emoji16] @AlfA01
3bd665351899c7ee59d80c11adce170a.jpg

Nice DJ. I've gotta get back to putting some saws together. Been slacking lately.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The o ring usually disappears. I've only ever found a couple. Replace it and pack the sleeve with grease. Also make sure the face of the clutch that seats against the sleeve is flat so it can aid in sealing. Just a few things I've picked up that seem to help with the somewhat flawed design. I will normally go with a new sleeve also.
How about some goo to seal it? I'm putting up one from junks and I don't have that o ring.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never found one of those o rings still in there. But motoseal never fails, so that's what goes back in.

Kevin, so just put motoseal on the bottom of the sleeve and send it down? Grease in the sleeve too?
Sorry for dragging this out. Lol

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ms440/044 has the same weird setup too and has no oring. I put the oring on a 372 when I had seals put on because I wanted to lol. Good insurance I guess.

I was going to say. My 440 kit saw didn’t have that. But that was a while ago so wasn’t sure.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kevin, so just put motoseal on the bottom of the sleeve and send it down? Grease in the sleeve too?
Sorry for dragging this out. Lol

Smear a dab on your pinky finger and put it inside the bushing on the big end. And then twist the bushing in.

These saws rarely burn up from this. Even without anything in there. It's a tiny leak that doesn't get worse during higher or lower rpms and is simple to tune out with the screws.

Last edited:

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smear a dab on your pinky finger and put it inside the bushing on the big end. And them twist the bushing in.

These saws rarely burn up from this. Even without anything in there. It's a tiny leak that doesn't get worse during higher or lower rpms and is simple to tune out with the screws.
Main thing I've seen is slow return to idle when they leak there. In a work saw I don't like that. It means the chain is spinning when it shouldn't be. Unless you're a guy that uses the chain brake religiously, I'm not.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Main thing I've seen is slow return to idle when they leak there. In a work saw I don't like that. It means the chain is spinning when it shouldn't be. Unless you're a guy that uses the chain brake religiously, I'm not.
Safety Sally going to get your azz lol.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sounds like a bigger leak than what I figured would seep through there.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smear a dab on your pinky finger and put it inside the bushing on the big end. And then twist the bushing in.

The eight china 372 clones i did
Didn't have any o ring at all.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sounds like a bigger leak than what I figured would seep through there.
Not saying they all leak that bad but some do. The one I had in for a "bad" oil pump a couple weeks ago was doing it. The guy never even mentioned it being a problem. Loggers don't worry about nuthin until the chain won't spin when they pull the trigger. Lol

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not saying they all leak that bad but some do. The one I had in for a "bad" oil pump a couple weeks ago was doing it. The guy never even mentioned it being a problem. Loggers don't worry about nuthin until the chain won't spin when they pull the trigger. Lol
Can also take a tight saw and if the h jet is in too far after a long cut it'll come down slow also.