GoldMember
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wrong california boy
From new with whatever encapsulated treatment applied
I've seen frames rust through in a few year's.
Not a brand issue either.
Diesel fuel/motor oil mixed people here
Sprayed once a year frames never hardly rust
Vehicle's wear out frames still good.
If that idiot from that video was right every Porsche on the road would be a rust bucket. Like I said it's how it's done, and I've done a lot with zero problems.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Couldnt pass up a 02 2171. Bought new Dec 05.

Has lost a battle with a tree or limb at one time another. All checked out but someone bought wrong new bar for it.

Tested out good with 24" buried in dry ash.

j2171xx.jpg j2171xxxxx.jpg j2171zzzzz.jpg j2171z.jpg j2171xxxx.jpg

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ether as per Stihl manual (see pics)..or substitute the Stihl screw in tool/Lever for a bolt of the correct thread and use that to pull on to extract the pump from the bottom side of the saw. Should be the same on your 021.

View attachment 189593 View attachment 189594

Thanks guys.
I saw the threads in the pump bottom, the Germans design stuff right according to them anyways.

Pump came right out allowing me to locate the blockage just downstream of the pump. Getting the passage clear in the plastic case took some time soaking, air blasting and weedeater line poking but we have oil flowing.

Been sick for 3 days so beating this 021 into shape felt good.

YES pictures are great

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks great Al. No purdy fingers this time?
Thanks Rich. No, this is a second for a good friend who will be doing a lot of tree work with it. The first one was extra spicy and went awry. I kept this one a bit tamer and modeled after Deeter’s hybrid (which is anything but tame). I didn’t add the JB like he did because, again, a work saw that I wanted maximum reliability on.

I ran mine a little bit this morning. I have to admit....... I do really like it!

I second this!
Very cool. Glad you boys are still enjoying them. At Randy’s last year, I witnessed the hybrids, even the China ones, best a ported 462 from a very good builder by 5 seconds through a 24” cant. They pack a punch with old school tech.

I love D jugs!!!
(Get your minds out of the gutter, I'm talking 046's here)
I’ve heard. I generally like the Hemi jugs, but this one was the cleanest jug I had with perfect plating. I wanted Eric to have the best saw he could. The jug also had nice numbers.

Benjo

Some Guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If that idiot from that video was right every Porsche on the road would be a rust bucket. Like I said it's how it's done, and I've done a lot with zero problems.
Certainly it's best if done under factory conditions on a new frame/components, but I'm with the guy in the video. In salt-heavy areas, any kind of cured coating will eventually keep salty water on the steel. Toyota frames that were recalled but passed the 'hammer test' got a black hard coating put on. This coating only made things worse and accelerated decay. Powdercoating does the same thing up here, as soon as a chip happens salt gets in and trapped.

I like fluid film, but it doesn't last the whole season for me. Sprayed-on bar and chain oil, preferably with a trip down a dusty road right afterwards, has proven most effective on non-new surfaces for me.