High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's on your bench?

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, you need to get that seal flush. Here's what one of them looks like new out of the package:

That's the kind of shipment I wouldn't mind getting in.

Any way that you can suggest on doing so I thought about doing the old socket and hammer trick but didn't want to mess it up. and is that the part number on the bag for the 576 bearing?

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
There's a long-time porter up in BC who swears that the upper transfers on a quad-port saw should be left alone - that looks like one of his saws. I ran one, it wasn't too bad.

Guy calls it his Bobby Walker saw. It had been rebuilt about 5 years or so ago by someone in Ohio.
On rebuild they had used a meteor piston kit and a aftermarket base gasket that was .022 thick. Plus the .30 it was without base gasket. .052 total. That couldnt have been helping it at all.

Piece of rolled up paper for a carb bolt spacer.

Did a base gasket delete. New ring even though IMHO it wasnt needed. Gained close to 20psi just from doing that. Fresh after putting in and a heat cycle through it.
Owner noticed it didnt seem lazy anymore.

So did BW usually do base gasket deletes with their work and maybe a pop up in these back in the day? Just trying to figure out.

Seems to run ok for what it is now.

But dang those aftermarket base gaskets someone used is a pos IMO. Piece by piece to remove.

The original muffler was the triple port I think w's used. Wasnt the tubes this time though. Last pic.

h372wwwwwwwww.jpg h372bwbefore.jpg h372bwpsiafter.jpg h372bw.jpg

Last edited:

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Re worked a Cross 660, raised the Exhaust a bit, lowered the intake a bit, and advanced the timing a bit more. I think it feels pretty good now!

Also added some timing advance on one of my Asian Big Bores and Changed the muffler configuration a bit on another. I know I buck the trend when I don't always think that more open is better, but we will see how they do at the CT GTG.

Last edited:

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check engine light in Dads Pacifica came back on. Scanned it and there are twelve error codes. Four are related to the idle air control valve (no biggie, $60.00 part and easy to get to) but the other eight I have never heard of and could not find any information about online. Saying things like VIN number mismatch or not found and body type not found. All seems to be electrical, going to try a hard reset today after work but not overly optimistic. I am relly nervous that the TIPM is beginning to fail, over $800.00 at the dealer and no AM solutions.

Last edited:

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check engine light in Dads Pacifica came back on. Scanned it snd there are twelve error codes. Four are related to the idle air control valve (no biggie, $60.00 part and easy to get to) but the other eight i have never heard of and could not find any information about online. Saying things like VIN number mismatch or not found and body type not found. All seems to be electrical, going to try a hard reset today after work but not overly optimistic. I am relly nervous that the TIPM is beginning to fail, over $800.00 at the dealer and no AM solutions.

What are the other codes? Like P06xx?
If so, those are typically ECM death codes.
You didnt happen to remove any ground wires or the like while you were in there, did you?

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are the other codes? Like P06xx?
If so, those are typically ECM death codes.
You didnt happen to remove any ground wires or the like while you were in there, did you?

I will have to check my notes when I get home this evening, don't remember for sure. Only ground wire I removed was the battery lead. I am really beginning to suspect that it is a computer failure just not sure which one (TIPM, ECM, PCM, etc...)