What's on your bench?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, intake side. Had me concered. I made sure to beverl the intake port and radius the bottom of the skirt a little to keep it from catching anything.
It makes you wonder what the cause is, oil, warm up prosess, clearance issues or fines! Or what?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a question to brew over for you guys, when’s the last time you saw a tree service guy tune a saw? Go as far to delete limiters? Some run crappy gas mix with 50:1... most of the time there chains aren’t the best either and the saws abused... add all these things up and it makes it hard to determine if it’s a flaw with the product or just abuse.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just a question to brew over for you guys, when’s the last time you saw a tree service guy tune a saw? Go as far to delete limiters? Some run crappy gas mix with 50:1... most of the time there chains aren’t the best either and the saws abused... add all these things up and it makes it hard to really determine if it’s a flaw with the product or just abuse.

From what I have found, most tree guys either continue to use a crappy running saw or just toss it to the side and grab another. The others attempt to adjust and screw it up royally.

I remember working with a logging company years ago the main cutters would make minor adjustments throughout the day to compensate for wide temperature swings (30-40 in the AM reaching 70s by mid day). I was actually talking about this with my neighbor’s FIL (who is visiting for the birth of the neighbor’s baby next week). He worked for logging companies in Oregon/Washington/Alaska and said they would have to make tune adjustments as they went further up the mountain for elevation. Start out in the valley and work their way up to the peak. I’ve never been in the mountains out there but I can see how that is feasible.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I have found, most tree guys either continue to use a crappy running saw or just toss it to the side and grab another. The others attempt to adjust and screw it up royally.

I remember working with a logging company years ago the main cutters would make minor adjustments throughout the day to compensate for wide temperature swings (30-40 in the AM reaching 70s by mid day). I was actually talking about this with my neighbor’s FIL (who is visiting for the birth of the neighbor’s baby next week). He worked for logging companies in Oregon/Washington/Alaska and said they would have to make tune adjustments as they went further up the mountain for elevation. Start out in the valley and work their way up to the peak. I’ve never been in the mountains out there but I can see how that is feasible.
I noticed loggers take better care of there saws usually. We cut a lot more wood so it makes sense.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a question to brew over for you guys, when’s the last time you saw a tree service guy tune a saw? Go as far to delete limiters? Some run crappy gas mix with 50:1... most of the time there chains aren’t the best either and the saws abused... add all these things up and it makes it hard to determine if it’s a flaw with the product or just abuse.
Yea the only time they good gas and carburetors tuned is when they bring them in to get parts replaced there hard on chains big time I don't sharpin chains for them anymore they can figure out how to do that crap themselves.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yep I'm in WA and it's common sense to bring your tools you can tune your carb at home but you'll be doing it again when you get up at the landing sight. Lol