srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still waiting, lol!
The Rib loin gets cut up a week from tomorrow. The family is going to be here the 29th. I plan on doing part of it as a rib roast. Heavy Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. About an hour on the smoker with heavy smoke then finish on the grill.
If I could get the family to eat meat as God intended, med/rare, all would be right with the world.
Here's what it looks like now. By next Friday it should be about right.
image.jpeg

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The Rib loin gets cut up a week from tomorrow. The family is going to be here the 29th. I plan on doing part of it as a rib roast. Heavy Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. About an hour on the smoker with heavy smoke then finish on the grill.
If I could get the family to eat meat as God intended, med/rare, all would be right with the world.
View attachment 155612

Medium rare, sounds super. I Prefer rare. Tell K that I like my meat rare also.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 155612

Yep that is gonna be good. Bring on the smoke bro!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brother swung by and gave me a hand doing a few things yesterday, and wanted some leg qtrs. Hadn’t grilled on the Weber Performer in a while so he was up...eight leg qtrs seasoned with Cavender’s and Hungarian sweet paprika, pumped down with apple juice/vinegar/water mix later in the low and slow process. Threw in some great northern beans, green beans, pot of rice, and made a gal of good ol’ sweet tea.
473294FD-2875-4D27-9331-F1DA26E95FEB.jpeg
D94EE380-A616-4D07-9ABF-6B9E78F476F1.jpeg

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brother swung by and gave me a hand doing a few things yesterday, and wanted some leg qtrs. Hadn’t grilled on the Weber Performer in a while so he was up...eight leg qtrs seasoned with Cavender’s and Hungarian sweet paprika, pumped down with apple juice/vinegar/water mix later in the low and slow process. Threw in some great northern beans, green beans, pot of rice, and made a gal of good ol’ sweet tea.
View attachment 156166
View attachment 156167
I’ve made lots of chicken on the performer, hard to beat.
And that batch looks perfect

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Smoked a 7.5 lb. precooked ham in the Smokin-it smoker yesterday with cherry wood and mamas brown sugar glaze for the daughter while she is home for Christmas. Turned out pretty daum good I think. 101_0775.JPG

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 156166
View attachment 156167

Good looking chicken there Jason, What flavor chips you smokin with?

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally had a chance to assemble the Traeger today.
I plan on doing the initial burn in tomorrow.
The packaging was impressive. The cardboard packing shapes could almost qualify as Origami.