JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
5:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old pics on hd I had from taking pics of saw rebuilds in past for folks. ;)

Oh was good too. Just me and my son ate it. The girls didnt want any. :b1: Which meant double for us. :b1:
Thats awsome! Glad it was good!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
6:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasnt fall apart but wasnt tough. Cut with a knife. And it ate good. ;)
Good deal, I’m sure it’s good eats. Little food for thought...it would be hard for me to hit a brisket at that poundage after three-four hours with any sauce that has brown sugar base in it. Nothing wrong with the base sauce...I’d a ramped up the heat for the last hour or so then ‘barked’ it on. Heavy on the apple juice, mixed with a little shot of vinegar and water in a pump bottle. Everybody got their own thing when it comes to an expensive cut of meat like a brisket. There’s a hundred ways to smoke ‘em.

Your brisket looks fine and I’m sure it was great!

Last edited:

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal, I’m sure it’s good eats. Little food for thought...it would be hard for me to hit a brisket at that poundage after three-four hours with any sauce that has brown sugar base in it. Nothing wrong with the base sauce...I’d a ramped up the heat for the last hour or so then ‘barked’ it on. Heavy on the apple juice, mixed with a little shot of vinegar and water in a pump bottle. Everybody got their own thing when it comes to an expensive cut of meat like a brisket. There’s a hundred ways to smoke ‘em.

Your brisket looks fine and I’m sure it was great!
Ya i didnt really know how to do it except the lil that i researched. My BiL was the captain. I would deff do it a lil different next time. He bought the brisket and i had hot dogs as a fail safe:) lol! They wer good too. For lunch and the kids had them. The thought was to brown it up a lil and sauce it at 3 hrs to seal it up. It was juciy for sure. I think id use more heat next time cuz they say brisket needs to get to 200-210 to get real tender. End temp wasnt taken after wrapped in foil for 2 hrs at about 275-300 cuz the wolves wer gettin hungry. We could of been at 180-190 i dont know. I do know after 10hrs of cookin i sat in front of my plate like a turkey buzzard on a road kill. The only reason i would of moved is if a car swerved at me:D

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Done 36 poppers today. Got them on smoke. About 48 more to go. I will never plant this many ever again. Thank you guys!! About 50 more whole peppers left to do yet.

Attachments

• 100_0504.JPG
    100_0504.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0505.JPG
    100_0505.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Done 36 poppers today. Got them on smoke. About 48 more to go. I will never plant this many ever again. Thank you guys!! About 50 more whole peppers left to do yet.
Those look good.

I know what you mean. The first time I planted Jalapeños, I put in 12 plants. We ate what we could, gave away what we could and still had peppers.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lookin good. Wish i had about 6 of those to go with my cup of coffee:D so what wood wer u smokin with?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those look good.

I know what you mean. The first time I planted Jalapeños, I put in 12 plants. We ate what we could, gave away what we could and still had peppers.

And I only planted 6 plants. I think 3 plants will be more than enough for me. :D

Last edited:

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used the pit master's blend from Tod at the A-maze-n smoker. Wanted to use apple pellets, but I have ran out of them.
I've been using a lot of Pecan. I really like it. Apple and Hickory are the other woods I use often. Mesquite is a bit harsh for my palette.
The pit masters blend, from A-maz-n, is hard to beat as well.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've been using a lot of Pecan. I really like it. Apple and Hickory are the other woods I use often. Mesquite is a bit harsh for my palette.
The pit masters blend, from A-maz-n, is hard to beat as well.

I agree, I am putting order in as we speak. Need more apple! and hickory pellets. edit Marsha got me a bag of apple chips at the grocery store today. I happy! :)

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Venison chub in the smoker with apple chips, not pellets. Honey BBQ brushed on in the last 30 minutes. Not to bad for last minute meal. ( long story ) :eek:

Attachments

• 100_0511.JPG
    100_0511.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 15

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Venison chub in the smoker with apple chips, not pellets. Honey BBQ brushed on in the last 30 minutes. Not to bad for last minute meal. ( long story ) :eek:
That's not a last minute and meal. A bologna sandwich or Cheerios are a last minute meal.
That looks damn good! How did you make it?

We've got time....

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's not a last minute and meal. A bologna sandwich or Cheerios are a last minute meal.
That looks damn good! How did you make it?

We've got time....

Steve, Again long story, It took over two hours for the smoke! But it was good! Pulled a chub out the freezer at the last minute. Mama was not happy!! She thought it was done before she got home. ( my fault ) Last minute barbecue sauce. ;)

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, Again long story, It took over two hours for the smoke! But it was good! Pulled a chub out the freezer at the last minute. Mama was not happy!! She thought it was done before she got home. ( my fault ) Last minute barbecue sauce. ;)
What's a chub?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What's a chub?

It is just a 1# bag that I put my meat in. ( or a large smoked sausage ) In my case it was a 1.5# bag of venison, that can be cooked any way you want. ( faster on the grill or smoker )