What's it worth?

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably not the proper place for this but I'm trying to do a little legwork beforehand so I don't get hosed on this tree. I have never sold a stick of timber in my life so this is new territory.

The tree is a beautiful massive red oak. It had leaves this spring but quickly dropped them this summer. Tree looked perfectly fine last fall but is obviously dying. It is roughly 6' at the stump, around 4' dbh and does not taper a lot to the first Y. The main trunk is roughly 40-50' tall I'm guessing. The two main "limbs" are over 2' diameter. It's too nice to make into firewood!

Assuming I can get it flopped without damaging it, what should I expect to be able to sell it for? A range is what I'm looking for. I know it can vary greatly.

I'm trying to wait til I have a plan to drop it as I highly doubt my little JD 3520 has the huevos required to move the trunk once it's on the ground.

The walking stick leaning on the trunk is for reference. It is 4' tall.

Thanks fellas.

AJ

IMG_0991.PNG IMG_0993.PNG IMG_0983.JPG

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most wood shops won't mill it if it is from a residential location. Too much risk of metal inside.
Tree looks like a good stick of wood there.
:popcorn:

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not really a yard tree. It's in the woods where I live but we just built it 5 yrs ago. It should be pretty safe to say it's metal free but ya never know.