USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
9:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got back from eating supper at my brothers' house...he deep fried ten center cut chops, fried zucchini, and fried squash. Pot of purple hull peas and rice on the side, and plenty of sweet tea. We damn near ate it all. Now all I need is my usual daily regimen of 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon of milk and I'll be ready for the recliner.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tonight we had fresh made quesadillas, and dirty rice. Very good!

Let's talk about those quesadillas.

I'm into Mexican cooking right now. Can you share your recipe?

My wife is from West Virginia a staple from where she's from his brown beans and cornbread.

My wife is a West Virginia girl too.

And....

A damn good cook.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We cut wood today. Rudy, Keith, and myself. My wife made us a big breakfast, and had a ham in the oven cooking slow for supper. She got tied up taking care of some business in town, so she grabbed some KFC on her way back.

The ham will have to wait.....

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let's talk about those quesadillas.

My wife is a West Virginia girl too.

And....

A damn good cook.

I have a recipe for Quesadilla casserole somewhere. It is quick, easy, and GOOD!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1484094580535-1003794865.jpg
New york strip med rare mushroom rice and yellow corn with fresh hot tea 4 bags to 12 cup coffee pot 6 tablespoons sugar I've got two pots one for tea one for coffee try it it's better than any restaurants tea I've ever tasted lol
Switched to garlic butter noodles haha
Corns not done lol

Windthrown

GFY Certified!
Local time
6:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score

I had huevos rancheros for breakfast today.

Authentic Mexican quesedillas are easy. Fry corn tortillas in a little oil in a skillet and flip them over. Slice or grate any kind of cheese and lay on top of the tortillas and fold over in half. Serve hot and melty. That is the way that they serve then on the street carts in west Mexico. You can add just about anything to them; jalapenos, salsa, cooked crumbled hamburger or ground pork, ham slices, shredded pork or chicken, shrimp, bacon, or whatever. I like shredded chicken and avocado slices myself, with some pico de gallo salsa.

Simple pico de gallo salsa:: coarsely chopped up: tomatoes, onions, and ripe red, orange or yellow pepper (or green if you like New Orleans style), and add some minced: cilanthro, garlic, a serrano or small jalapeno pepper, and salt and pepper. You can also add a chopped up tomatillo. You can also add a minced habanero if you like it REALLY SCREAMING HOT! Warning: it will burn TWICE!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had huevos rancheros for breakfast today.

Authentic Mexican quesedillas are easy. Fry corn tortillas in a little oil in a skillet and flip them over. Slice or grate any kind of cheese and lay on top of the tortillas and fold over in half. Serve hot and melty. That is the way that they serve then on the street carts in west Mexico. You can add just about anything to them; jalapenos, salsa, cooked crumbled hamburger or ground pork, ham slices, shredded pork or chicken, shrimp, bacon, or whatever. I like shredded chicken and avocado slices myself, with some pico de gallo salsa.

Simple pico de gallo salsa:: coarsely chopped up: tomatoes, onions, and ripe red, orange or yellow pepper (or green if you like New Orleans style), and add some minced: cilanthro, garlic, a serrano or small jalapeno pepper, and salt and pepper. You can also add a chopped up tomatillo. You can also add a minced habanero if you like it REALLY SCREAMING HOT! Warning: it will burn TWICE!
Thank you. :)

Windthrown

GFY Certified!
Local time
6:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you. :)

De nada.

When you really get deep into Mexican cooking, try making mole' sauces. They are like chili and can be made a million ways. Then of course there are many black bean recipes (in west Mexico the serve black beans with everything), tomales, tostadas, tacos, enchilladsa which you seem to have down, arroz con pollo, carne asada, tortilla soup, guacamole, and then the real back street Mexican food like menudo and fried plantains (plantains are like bananas, but bigger and not as sweet). Burritos are more of an American thing. Then of course there is Tex Mex.

I lived in Mexico when I was younger, in a small Indian fishing village south of Puerto Vallarta that you could only get to by boat. I LOVED the food when I was there. I also lived in San Diego for 7 years and ate gobs of Mexican food there and on trips to Baja. At my mom's assisted living place she says they serve Mexican food too much. They only serve it one a week, but that is too much for her. I say there is no such thing as too much Mexican food! I have Mexican at least 3 times a week.

Salud!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't thaw anything last night for tonight so I hit KFC after work for a 10pc bucket and a large mashed taters and gravy...saw the bottom of the bucket about 15 mins ago, and the taters and gravy got nailed too...all washed down with a 1/2 gal of milk.