What's For Supper?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Those ribs look great Charlie!

Steve, mama and I have both taking a liken to these smoked ribs. The only problem is that they cost way to much. I have another rack in the freezer now. But I had to pay $3.99 on sale here. Usually $5.99 per lb. To much for me!

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, mama and I have both taking a liken to these smoked ribs. The only problem is that they cost way to much. I have another rack in the freezer now. But I had to pay $3.99 on sale here. Usually $5.99 per lb. To much for me!

Way too pricey for ribs -- surely there must be some on sale at times?
Food Lion here sometimes runs them for $1.99 a pound for St Louis style.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
4:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Charlie, if you have access to a Sam's club or Costco, you can probably do a lot better than $3.99lb for Spare ribs. At regular prices, Sam's has Spare ribs for $2.99lb. If you buy a case they're $2.39lb. If you find them on sale, they're $1.99lb. Baby back are $3.99lb regular and $2.99 on sale.
I think you're getting hosed, at the prices you're paying.
Even with you being on the East coast, I don't understand the huge price difference.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Way too pricey for ribs -- surely there must be some on sale at times?
Food Lion here sometimes runs them for $1.99 a pound for St Louis style.

Food Lion is the only grocery stores we have around here anymore since Super Fresh closed up over 20 years ago. We have 3 of them here, with the closest one over 16 miles from me. I think they know that, and decide to charge what they want for stuff. The cheapest I have seen St Louis ribs here was $3.49 lb and they looked more like good dog food to me. There is a Giant here that has the best meat, but it is over twice as far to drive.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Charlie, if you have access to a Sam's club or Costco, you can probably do a lot better than $3.99lb for Spare ribs. At regular prices, Sam's has Spare ribs for $2.99lb. If you buy a case they're $2.39lb. If you find them on sale, they're $1.99lb. Baby back are $3.99lb regular and $2.99 on sale.
I think you're getting hosed, at the prices you're paying.
Even with you being on the East coast, I don't understand the huge price difference.

(Hosed) that is exactly right!! :mad: And they know it because there is no other stores within 30 miles from them, so they charge what they see fit! As I have learned to just go ahead and bend over when I enter the door. We do have a Costco here but it is even farther and much harder to get to than the Giant, with the 20+ stop lights and the stop and go traffic. No one up this way even thinks about fighting that mess to get there.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Food Lion is the only grocery stores we have around here anymore since Super Fresh closed up over 20 years ago. We have 3 of them here, with the closest one over 16 miles from me. I think they know that, and decide to charge what they want for stuff. The cheapest I have seen St Louis ribs here was $3.49 lb and they looked more like good dog food to me. There is a Giant here that has the best meat, but it is over twice as far to drive.

May have to check the sales and put some in the freezer for these occasions when they are on sale at this outlet. I supposed we are blessed with competitors in this area who are going after customers.
You sure have been progressing in your smoking and cooking. Your pics have been fantastic.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
May have to check the sales and put some in the freezer for these occasions when they are on sale at this outlet. I supposed we are blessed with competitors in this area who are going after customers.
You sure have been progressing in your smoking and cooking. Your pics have been fantastic.

Actually, I did put one rack in the freezer when I got the other one. It still cost me $ 3.99 per lb. ( Food Lion) has no competition here, As not for many years.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
4:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
(Hosed) that is exactly right!! :mad: And they know it because there is no other stores within 30 miles from them, so they charge what they see fit! As I have learned to just go ahead and bend over when I enter the door. We do have a Costco here but it is even farther and much harder to get to than the Giant, with the 20+ stop lights and the stop and go traffic. No one up this way even thinks about fighting that mess to get there.
When we make the sabbatical to either Sam's or Costco, we take one of the trucks and a couple of big coolers. We also make sure we have plenty of freezer space, in case pork is on sale.
It can be a painful day at the checkout but it's nice to have a stockpile of ribs, butts, loins and other hunks of pig, for when you want them.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pizza! Mini for me with pepperoni and ham, and a regular for her with just green olives
3b3c415bac28ce5ff88abb245456fec2.jpg
2f391fed2ef1524f2ea5f2bae25d54d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually, I did put one rack in the freezer when I got the other one. It still cost me $ 3.99 per lb. ( Food Lion) has no competition here, As not for many years.
I was at our local discount grocery store last night, and they had whole racks for $1.99. I would have gotten you some, but the shipping would kill...