USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
6:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had Popeye's and I must say this (to me) is far better. The only other place that I've found
better Cajun style chicken was on the Gulf Coast down in Mississippi -- and it got washed away
after one of the latest hurricanes. :crazylick:
Agree...Bojangles is much better than Popeyes to me, but I won't turn down fried yard bird from anywhere!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Smoked chicken, with black eyed peas and mamas stuffing ( potatoes on the side )

Attachments

• 101_0823.JPG
    101_0823.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 14

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was a kid, one of the jobs I held down was in a friends' of my mother's cafe. I worked for only a summer, but I learned a LOT about cooking from her, and a lot about how to prep food, spices, herbs, etc. Every time I go to a place that has an open kitchen, I am peering in to see how they make what, and what they make what with. My wife says I shoulda been a cook. I told her I was a cook...for a summer. The rest of my life I spent learning just how to make her belly happy. I mostly like to make food that I can not easily find here in Ireland. So that's, uh... about everything. UK and Irish food, curries aside, is woeful to say the least. They have this guy named Jamie Oliver. Insanely wealthy off his books and shows, and they call him a cook. Far as I can tell, he's a personality, because he sure as hell can't cook.

Chicken Mole, rice, refried beans from scratch with oaxaca quesillo, and a pan fried corn tortilla or two:
129850630.MFDmTv4t.jpg

I've been to a few sammich shops in my day. Katz's in Austin, TX, Canters in L.A., uh...erm.. WaWa Market in DE? Anywho, here's my take on a Reuben:

129987662.ylbhGNrE.jpg

129987663.Ys6SVgh9.jpg

Try getting a Reuben in Ireland. I dare you.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
5:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was a kid, one of the jobs I held down was in a friends' of my mother's cafe. I worked for only a summer, but I learned a LOT about cooking from her, and a lot about how to prep food, spices, herbs, etc. Every time I go to a place that has an open kitchen, I am peering in to see how they make what, and what they make what with. My wife says I shoulda been a cook. I told her I was a cook...for a summer. The rest of my life I spent learning just how to make her belly happy. I mostly like to make food that I can not easily find here in Ireland. So that's, uh... about everything. UK and Irish food, curries aside, is woeful to say the least. They have this guy named Jamie Oliver. Insanely wealthy off his books and shows, and they call him a cook. Far as I can tell, he's a personality, because he sure as hell can't cook.

Chicken Mole, rice, refried beans from scratch with oaxaca quesillo, and a pan fried corn tortilla or two:
129850630.MFDmTv4t.jpg

I've been to a few sammich shops in my day. Katz's in Austin, TX, Canters in L.A., uh...erm.. WaWa Market in DE? Anywho, here's my take on a Reuben:

129987662.ylbhGNrE.jpg

129987663.Ys6SVgh9.jpg

Outstanding!

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

129850630.MFDmTv4t.jpg

129987662.ylbhGNrE.jpg

129987663.Ys6SVgh9.jpg

I just ate and now I'm hungry again. You are killing me man!

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Last week we had homemade deer chili dogs
feccc7bb4382080fb76ded7b575cf2b7.jpg

And homemade chicken tortilla soup.
As well as breakfast for supper.
Tonight it's homemade smoked chicken BBQ sandwiches with air fried tater tots.
c2f536f7be5723e08fc9bac3af6735a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

129850630.MFDmTv4t.jpg

129987662.ylbhGNrE.jpg

129987663.Ys6SVgh9.jpg

I don't like sour kraut but I would definitely eat that rueben!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Smoked venison meatloaf last night with steamed potatoes. and green peppers.

Attachments

• 101_0846.JPG
    101_0846.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 15

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last week we had homemade deer chili dogs
feccc7bb4382080fb76ded7b575cf2b7.jpg

And homemade chicken tortilla soup.
As well as breakfast for supper.
Tonight it's homemade smoked chicken BBQ sandwiches with air fried tater tots.
c2f536f7be5723e08fc9bac3af6735a6.jpg

Chili dogs are our friend!

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smoked venison meatloaf last night with steamed potatoes. and green peppers.
That looks damn good Charlie. Do you mix any beef or pork with the venison?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That looks damn good Charlie. Do you mix any beef or pork with the venison?

Not this cook. Mama made it with 2 lb venison, garden peppers, bell, and Jalapenos, onions and sauce. I smoked it for about 3.5 hours. We had it again for supper tonight.