High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's For Supper?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Agreed. On a cold night Tomato soup made with half & half and a grilled cheese made with Gruyere on Brioche, is tough to beat. White or wheat bread and Velveeta ain't bad either.

Love Velveeta in the box, I think it comes in 2 lb box here. It melts good for corn chips!!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just getting to swapping out my old deep fryer for a new one the kids got me for Christmas...Proctor Silex (Hamilton Beach same thing...they own Proctor Silex). 5 liter capacity on the peanut oil...this thing will get it done. Deep fry's twice as much as my older Oster deep fryer, which is still working perfect. I think the kids kept hearing me *b-word about how I wanted something that could deep fry about twice as much per batch. Well, they hit a home run with this one...some good ol’ sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips!
E350A6FA-B848-46D0-8724-D81ECD08FE21.jpeg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was so damn hungry didn’t get a pic of BLT’s number 1, 2, and 3...but here’s a pic of BLT’s 4 and 5...can huff ‘em down. Washed down with about a half gal of milk...good eats!
0189EE99-A8AF-4C98-A30A-4523BF7EB40E.jpeg

Last edited:

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So damm hungry didn’t get a pic of BLT’s number 1, 2, and 3...but here’s a pic of BLT’s 4 and 5...can huff ‘em down. Washed down with a half gal of milk...good eats!
View attachment 105909
Sounds darn good. I've been wanting some bacon, but I have a problem... I'll cook and eat 2lbs like it's nothing, and I'd do it everyday if I kept it in the house [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not feeling the best tonight. Laying on the couch in front of the warm box and warming soup right in the can on top lazy style
ea00800fad4bdb463093a0f4cb80520c.jpg

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds darn good. I've been wanting some bacon, but I have a problem... I'll cook and eat 2lbs like it's nothing, and I'd do it everyday if I kept it in the house [emoji4]

I did 3 lbs of candied bacon last Saturday morning. My wife had some friends over to do girl stuff. This is what was left, after they picked at it most of the day.
I guess they liked it. The piece I ate was damn good.
image.jpeg

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So damm hungry didn’t get a pic of BLT’s number 1, 2, and 3...but here’s a pic of BLT’s 4 and 5...can huff ‘em down. Washed down with a half gal of milk...good eats!
View attachment 105909

The deep fryer try out looks like it was a success! And the BLT's are hard to beat. You my friend are knocking it out of the park on these two meals!
Late Happy New Year to you!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The deep fryer try out looks like it was a success! And the BLT's are hard to beat. You my friend are knocking it out of the park on these two meals!
Late Happy New Year to you!
Appreciate it...this deep fryer takes a little longer to come back to set-point temp after a big batch of whatever than the previous smaller capacity one, but I guess more volume of oil in the newer one dictates that. And a late Happy New Year your way as well.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll come back here shortly and edit this post concerning these baking sheets. Putting the pic up from my phone, but too much to peck away at on this little keyboard. I’ll edit the post from my office computer here shortly.
CCB89553-D0A4-49EC-8D5F-936EDE553569.jpeg
Edit -- backstory on these baking sheets. Got so damn tired of going through flimsy ass baking sheets over the years, that would either warp, non-stick coating come off, rust...or a combination of all three. Got down, again, to every baking sheet I had, had to be covered with foil before it could be used. So I went on a mission a good while back to solve this problem once and for all...and ended up with these. Got them on Amazon...mfg is Gridmann. Sizes are 9" x 13", 13" x 18", and 15' x 21", all with 1" lips, and purchased six each. Can purchase them individual, by six, or by a dozen. These are commercial grade, HEAVY, thick, all-aluminum baking sheets. IIRC, the 9" x 13" set of six was $40...13" x 18" set of six was $44...15" x 21" set of six was $54. The best baking sheets I've ever had, bar none. And the warping, rusting, no more coating coming off days are history. All these sizes fit in a standard oven, even the 15" x 21". Now Gridmann makes a size even bigger...18" x 26" but don't need nothing that size (I'm sure it's fine in commercial kitchen applications). The 9" x 13" and 13" x 18" will fit in the dishwasher, have to hand wash the 15" x 21" size but no biggie. One thing I like about the 13" x 18" size is they sit on top of my wire-rack shelves in the Smoke Hollow 44" vertical smoker perfectly if I want to use them there, and obviously the 9" x 13" sheets certainly fit in the smoker as well.

I like to research things before I pull the trigger, most of y'all probably know that...and these baking sheets certainly fit the bill. I wouldn't waste my time writing this if these were not the real deal. If you're looking for damn good, heavy all-aluminum baking sheets to buy for either the oven, smokers, grills, etc, etc, for what I think will be the last ones you'll purchase (and do the math per each sheet when buying them by a set of six), you simply can't go wrong.

Edit to the edit -- pic only shows four of the 13" x 18" baking sheets in the middle stack...two of my sisters beat me out of one each...go figure!

Carry on gents!

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did 3 lbs of candied bacon last Saturday morning. My wife had some friends over to do girl stuff. This is what was left, after they picked at it most of the day.
I guess they liked it. The piece I ate was damn good.
View attachment 105938

Looking good Steve, more info on the candied bacon, might like to try it.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll come back here shortly and edit this post concerning these baking sheets. Putting the pic up from my phone, but too much to peck away at on this little keyboard. I’ll edit the post from my office computer here shortly.
View attachment 105953
Edit -- backstory on these baking sheets. Got so damn tired of going through flimsy ass baking sheets over the years, that would either warp, non-stick coating come off, rust...or a combination of all three. Got down, again, to every baking sheet I had, had to be covered with foil before it could be used. So I went on a mission a good while back to solve this problem once and for all...and ended up with these. Got them on Amazon...mfg is Gridmann. Sizes are 9" x 13", 13" x 18", and 15' x 21", all with 1" lips, and purchased six each. Can purchase them individual, by six, or by a dozen. These are commercial grade, HEAVY, thick, all-aluminum baking sheets. IIRC, the 9" x 13" set of six was $40...13" x 18" set of six was $44...15" x 21" set of six was $54. The best baking sheets I've ever had, bar none. And the warping, rusting, no more coating coming off days are history. All these sizes fit in a standard oven, even the 15" x 21". Now Gridmann makes a size even bigger...18" x 26" but don't need nothing that size (I'm sure it's fine in commercial kitchen applications). The 9" x 13" and 13" x 18" will fit in the dishwasher, have to hand wash the 15" x 21" size but no biggie. One thing I like about the 13" x 18" size is they sit on top of my wire-rack shelves in the Smoke Hollow 44" vertical smoker perfectly if I want to use them there, and obviously the 9" x 13" sheets certainly fit in the smoker as well.

I like to research things before I pull the trigger, most of y'all probably know that...and these baking sheets certainly fit the bill. I wouldn't waste my time writing this if these were not the real deal. If you're looking for damn good, heavy all-aluminum baking sheets to buy for either the oven, smokers, grills, etc, etc, for what I think will be the last ones you'll purchase (and do the math per each sheet when buying them by a set of six), you simply can't go wrong.

Edit to the edit -- pic only shows four of the 13" x 18" baking sheets in the middle stack...two of my sisters beat me out of one each...go figure!

Carry on gents!
That's all we use. I buy them at one of the wholesale restaurant supply stores, in St. Louis. I also have the deep stainless serving dishes, with lids, that are about the same size. They're great for fish fries, pulled pork and any time you're serving a large group.
The wire racks are the nuts.

You'll never regret your decision to buy that stuff.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's all we use. I buy them at one of the wholesale restaurant supply stores, in St. Louis. I also have the deep stainless serving dishes, with lids, that are about the same size. They're great for fish fries, pulled pork and any time you're serving a large group.
The wire racks are the nuts.

You'll never regret your decision to buy that stuff.
Believe I remember some of your pics in the past Steve having some of these same-type aluminum baking sheets/pans. I'm impressed with them...and I'm sure you folks got burnt out of buying the thin pans over the years as well.

I did buy a couple of wire racks separately...they're good quality, close grid squares, and pretty stout.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 105953

Carry on gents!

I love the wire rack on the one pan. Seems to me that would be a great way to smoke wings and remove them all at one time.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chick-fil-A
Two Chicken sandwiches and waffle fries.