High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's For Supper?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Grilled venison burgers smothered in mushroom gravy with onions and green peppers.

Attachments

• 101_2314.JPG
    101_2314.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 4

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Samples from a cook. Somehow I could not find this thread the other day. :D

Attachments

• Ribs and Buttz.jpg
    Ribs and Buttz.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20171013_124615_resized.jpg
    20171013_124615_resized.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 5

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn good eating!

Not too bad. Looking for a good chicken rub for smoked chicken leg quarters. The one I have is way too spicey for my family and friends (I like the kick, most people don't). Trying to find something with flavor and not too hot. Some of you guys need to help me out. :cool:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not too bad. Looking for a good chicken rub for smoked chicken leg quarters. The one I have is way too spicey for my family and friends (I like the kick, most people don't). Trying to find something with flavor and not too hot. Some of you guys need to help me out. :cool:
Just off the top of my head, have you got an Academy Sports near you?...If so, and you've never tried it, pick up a few shaker cans of Fiesta brand Chicken Rub (about $2.50 or so for a 6-8oz shaker bottle)...not bad at all for a simple dry seasoning/rub that turns out pretty damn good for smoking or regular grilling. But I do like it for smoking. I'll even mix in a good healthy dose of fine ground brown sugar to it to sweeten it a bit...turns out pretty good.

Of course there's many damn good poultry seasonings out there...most all have to be ordered.

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
1:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy this at either Costco or Sam's, can't really remember.
It's outstanding on poultry, everything else, not so much. It's pretty mild.
I add Cayenne, when the people I'm cooking for can handle it.
I mark it for poultry only, so my wife doesn't use it on anything else.
image.jpeg

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just off the top of my head, have you got an Academy Sports near you?...If so, and you've never tried it, pick up a few shaker cans of Fiesta brand Chicken Rub (about $2.50 or so for a 6-8oz shaker bottle)...not bad at all for a simple dry seasoning/rub that turns out pretty damn good for smoking or regular grilling. But I do like it for smoking. I'll even mix in a good healthy dose of fine ground brown sugar to it to sweeten it a bit...turns out pretty good.

Of course there's many damn good poultry seasonings out there...most all have to be ordered.

Thanks man! Academy is close by :applaudit:

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy this at either Costco or Sam's, can't really remember.
It's outstanding on poultry, everything else, not so much. It's pretty mild.
I add Cayenne, when the people I'm cooking for can handle it.
I mark it for poultry only, so my wife doesn't use it on anything else.
View attachment 92566

Gonna check this one out also. Thanks man! :banana:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Jason, what is (Academy Sports?) don't think we have them here!

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason, what is (Academy Sports?) don't think we have them here!

Little like Bass Pro Shops, or Gander Mountain -- but much better pricing. Gander Mountain closed here -- Academy is much closer than Bass Pro (and Academy's pricing on various things I like is very good!).

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Little like Bass Pro Shops, or Gander Mountain -- but much better pricing. Gander Mountain closed here -- Academy is much closer than Bass Pro (and Academy's pricing on various things I like is very good!).

No Bass pro here, or Cabelas, But we do have a Gander Mountain about 30 miles from me, Which I will not ever use. Hmmm!!

edit
Just found out we have a bass pro shop here within in 80 miles of me, They are still to high!!
Hmmm!! hmm!

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
( Home alone ) Mama not going to be home for a couple days, so I decided to cook me some white beans in the crock pot with a fresh pork bone and 2 cubes of bacon grease. Also cooked some home cured bacon for breakfast in the morning.

Attachments

• 101_2316.JPG
    101_2316.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 101_2315.JPG
    101_2315.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 5

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
( Home alone ) Mama not going to be home for a couple days, so I decided to cook me some white beans in the crock pot with a fresh pork bone and 2 cubes of bacon grease. Also cooked some home cured bacon for breakfast in the morning.
Good eats right there!

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thick cut pork chops, with a smoky sweet chipotle rub, on the grill. Baked beans with little hunks of smoked brisket, corn and a sliced tomato.

We had two left over chops that will be killer, heated up in a little bacon grease, with bacon and Provolone, on a toasted Brioche bun.
image.jpeg

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn good eating there Charlie. With a little jalapeño cornbread, it just might be the perfect cold weather meal.