What's For Supper?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is that an Eastern only brand?

Maybe from where you are at, guess that we have nothing else to do here. other than a damn food lion. Don't really like food lion! ;)

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had some ribs. One of the racks I sauced then sprinkled pepper lightly over them. The wife said they were the best she ever had (happy wife, happy life!:D ). Both racks were very flavorful and could have been eaten with our without sauce. I used a combination of the butt rubb and some other stuff I put on the ribs. It produces a nice outside crust (some would read bark --either way it was tasty!). The sauce is a modified Baby Rays.

Attachments

• RIBS.jpg
    RIBS.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 7
  • buttrub.jpeg
    buttrub.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 8
  • sauced ribs.jpg
    sauced ribs.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 8

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe from where you are at, guess that we have nothing else to do here. other than a damn food lion. Don't really like food lion! ;)

Most everything can be bought on the internet now. Dukes is my favorite. Sometimes we also buy various spices, rubs and seasonings that can't be bought locally. Some sites also have free shipping.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few pictures of some early meat. This was served to some office folks at an international company. They also had slaw, baked beans, rolls, and a few sauces of choice. There were some happy folks there. Not sure how much was accomplished after lunch :D One pan is pork, the other is brisket. These pics were taken in the midst of pulling and panning the meat. It was very moist. My wife sampled -- she said the brisket was marvellous!
(Brisket is her #1 choice of meat -- even over Ribeye ;) )

:aaaaa:

Attachments

• BBQ_brisket.jpg
    BBQ_brisket.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 5
  • bbq_A.jpg
    bbq_A.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 5
  • single Butt.jpg
    single Butt.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 5

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few pictures of some early meat. This was served to some office folks at an international company. They also had slaw, baked beans, rolls, and a few sauces of choice. There were some happy folks there. Not sure how much was accomplished after lunch :D One pan is pork, the other is brisket. These pics were taken in the midst of pulling and panning the meat. It was very moist. My wife sampled -- she said the brisket was marvellous!
(Brisket is her #1 choice of meat -- even over Ribeye ;) )

:aaaaa:
Outstanding!

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Outstanding!

Thank you sir. The butt was cooked indirect on the Weber with some smoke. The brisket (sorry no cook or finished pics) on the old pig cooker with some ribs we ate for supper.
Love some smoked meat!

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Salsiccia, from a little Italian meat market on the Hill in St. Louis. Macarroni salad and a couple of Nathan's dill spears.
I don't get these often.......
image.jpeg

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Never seen it here.

I guess I am the dumb ass here, I thought Dukes was everywhere. Dukes, Hellman's, Kraft and Miracle Whip is what we can get here at these Dollar stores and Food Lions. Never really checked out the Giants as they are to far to go for us to travel.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Salsiccia, from a little Italian meat market on the Hill in St. Louis. Macarroni salad and a couple of Nathan's dill spears.
I don't get these often.......
View attachment 82845

Now I see which one is best!! ;) Don't tell the better half. lol!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had some ribs. One of the racks I sauced then sprinkled pepper lightly over them. The wife said they were the best she ever had (happy wife, happy life!:D ). Both racks were very flavorful and could have been eaten with our without sauce. I used a combination of the butt rubb and some other stuff I put on the ribs. It produces a nice outside crust (some would read bark --either way it was tasty!). The sauce is a modified Baby Rays.

I will take mine ups overnight. lol! :D

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I am the dumb ass here, I thought Dukes was everywhere. Dukes, Hellman's, Kraft and Miracle Whip is what we can get here at these Dollar stores and Food Lions. Never really checked out the Giants as they are to far to go for us to travel.

Finally found some Dukes in Iowa at Wally World.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Finally found some Dukes in Iowa at Wally World.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Let me know how you like it. We have had it here forever.