Country flag

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Id be in the cart for 500 as it sits. Does it run? Id likely go 700 if i heard it run. What the hell does a 80 ish cc motor need dual carbs for? There are some very desireable and valuable carr frames out there. My boss has one with a kt100 engine that just rips.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They hung as many carbs on them as they could .Back in the day I've seen three .Don't ask me how they tuned them because I haven't a clue .FWIW as the story goes the original 87 cc Kart engine MC 10 was a take off of the Super 44A chainsaw engine . As far as Mac engines go the 87's are my favorite of the reed engines .

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm more familiar with the pricing on the 101 motors. All I can tell you about the mc-6 is that it is 87cc's and started production in 1961.

@heimannm, @Lee H,

Jim I really don't know what the value of the MC6 is worth. You never see them for sale.
I'm more up on the 101's like you and everyone else. best to get on a kart forum where
folks are running them in there class.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Id be in the cart for 500 as it sits. Does it run? Id likely go 700 if i heard it run. What the hell does a 80 ish cc motor need dual carbs for? There are some very desireable and valuable carr frames out there. My boss has one with a kt100 engine that just rips.
He will sell the complete cart to me for 300 bucks, but I wanted to know of the motor was worth aquiring for a build. ...

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I imagine MAC back in the day was responsible for pushing around many kids having cheap fast kart thrills. As for what's an MC-6 worth...haven't a clue but like yourself if I saw that for sale locally the inner itch to own it would be hard to ignore. If you let your kids kart around in it at least you'll know where they are with that exhaust horn.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say likely with the exception of the twin carbs and megaphone the engine is probably stock but you never know.It could have a full circle crank .With a recoil starter it doesn't appear to have the compression jacked up very far because you could hardly pull it over .FWIW they used a starter cup and a long shafted Ford starter on a cart with a long vee belt to start the really hot ones . I did the same thing to start the pony motor on a D4 Caterpilar .

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say likely with the exception of the twin carbs and megaphone the engine is probably stock but you never know.It could have a full circle crank .With a recoil starter it doesn't appear to have the compression jacked up very far because you could hardly pull it over .FWIW they used a starter cup and a long shafted Ford starter on a cart with a long vee belt to start the really hot ones . I did the same thing to start the pony motor on a D4 Caterpilar .
Same thing the guy I got my 101 motor from told me. Said “forget about pulling it over by hand, we used ford starter motors”

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a little unclear .Some suggest it was the 1-71 and some say the Super 44A which became the MC 10 .Weather the MC 6 is the same I can't honestly answer .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW I have a Super 44A that is completely stock with the exception of bypassing the air vain governor .It's going to remain as such ,stock .Considering a saw that was build in 1959 it has amazing power .