What to do with a ms250

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a ms250 that got ripped in half given to me. I plan on doing a muffler mod and replacing the carb with a wt215. I really don't know if it's worth grinding on it?? Any thoughts....??

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol, it's just going to be my loaner saw/beater!

Brian Simonseth

CANCER AND STROKES SUCKS
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I had a ms250 that got ripped in half given to me. I plan on doing a muffler mod and replacing the carb with a wt215. I really don't know if it's worth grinding on it?? Any thoughts....??

You might be surprised what it will do with that carb and a little grinding and MM I have a couple of them and soon to be three of them every since this one guy said they were no good :)

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Poor thing got severed in two... Maybe I will go inside and have a look:D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Brian Simonseth

CANCER AND STROKES SUCKS
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
One of mine fell off a tree trimmer truck and was in million pieces so I took just the motor and found a smoke MS250 and replaced the motor and another one my nephew forgot to mix oil in the fuel and ......

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Weird that you can rip one of these in half?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good little saw in my opinion. But get rid of that easy chain adjuster it sucks a$$!!!!
And the easy start.

I have some parts still. A regular recoil and maybe a 215.

I welded a dome to a piston on one, ran damn good.

Highest rpm I've ever seen on a saw. 20,500 unloaded when I leaned it too much.

Not at bad little saw with the right mods. A muff mod and time advance is all u need. Light too.

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Out here if you are in the market for one, the good news is they are cheap. So cheap in fact, that if you want to get one to repair and flip, you can't make anything on it. I have two as parts saws. I would normally fix one to flip and save one for parts, but it is not worth my time.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a local come by with one yesterday and she couldn't get it to start. I moved the coil in a bit to the flywheel and improved the spark. It started right up, but I didn't like the way it revved and it felt way fat on top end. I leaned out the High needle a bit and improved the top end, but the carb just didn't seem suited to the engine, seemed like it needed more flow in the low speed circuit.

What is the advantage of the WT-215?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a local come by with one yesterday and she couldn't get it to start. I moved the coil in a bit to the flywheel and improved the spark. It started right up, but I didn't like the way it revved and it felt way fat on top end. I leaned out the High needle a bit and improved the top end, but the carb just didn't seem suited to the engine, seemed like it needed more flow in the low speed circuit.

What is the advantage of the WT-215?
I know it's a factory H adjustable carb for the 025/250. Other adjustables may have existed. Many came with fixed H jet carbs.

It's like the 029/039 of small saws. Pretty darn good, but get a bad rap.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just looking at the carbs on Ebay and it looks like there are two carbs for the series. The WT 215 and the WT 286. The pictures showed adjustable H and L. Bugger if I could see any other outside differences.

This lady has a primer bulb on the saw and it said in one add on Ebay that the 215 was for a non-primer carb, but I couldn't see any difference with the 286. Usually a primer carb has an extra inlet for the primer.

The prices are reasonable, about A$15 for either carb. Anybody know what the differences are between the 215 and 286?