High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What to do on the way to Randy's house...

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
11:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I was thinking more specifically about getting to MI. I think the only way I can convince here is to hit the Christmas Store in Frankenmuth, MI...

Come right across the U.P. and go to the Pictured Rocks, Tahquamenon Falls, go to Hedgerow’s hometown and see the Soo Locks, then come down across the Mackinaw Bridge south to Frankenmuth to the Christmans store.

If you have time hit Mackinaw Island before crossing the bridge

Last edited:

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could do the boat tour thing at the macinac at the sault at marie. That would be cool. My.parents did that years ago and enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of course there’s the smoky mountains Gatlinburg and pigeon Forge. Great mixture of Touristy Stuff and the national park.
Being an east Tennessean I was going to recommend that, but it may be out of the way for him.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
10:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if this on your route, but this something worth while, I've been on it twice.

http://www.agawatrain.com/the-train/

Was just gonna sugest that. Thats on my bucket list to do.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

That may require some research. Elliott is all about trains, his birthday is coming up later this month and we are taking him and some friends on a local train to celebrate. Would mormally be a Steamy but because of the coller weather will be a diesel.

https://tickets.pdcrailway.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=333

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just saw in the other post you will be coming out of MI. If that’s the case, the Smokies/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge wouldn’t be too far out of the way.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
10:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Minocqua is a nice area. Im a little over an hour drive south from Stump Shot. About an hour south of me is Wisconsin Dells. All the outdoor water parks will be closed by then, but they have a ton of indoor ones, my family has been to most.

The upper dells boat tour would probably be pretty cool as the trees should be changing.
20180512_121211.jpg
20180512_125922.jpg

My girls, my oldest, being a goofball as usual.

You stop twice. Once is a short walk through a rock cut. The other stop is to a rock pillar that a German Shepard jumps back and forth off a bluff.

Minocqua and the Dells offer alot of the same stuff.

West of Madison is Cave of the Mounds. Guided tour through a cave. Both my girls have enjoyed that.

If you come through Wisconsin and wanted to avoid Chicago, you could always hit Hwy 51 south out of Rockford and then cut west further down, even cut west through Kentucky.

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking more specifically about getting to MI. I think the only way I can convince here is to hit the Christmas Store in Frankenmuth, MI...
If you do plan on Frankenmuth, let me know. It’s about 40min from me. I’ll meet up for dinner or something. Couple family style German restaurants there, multi course and good food.