High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What to do on a rainy day.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Set up one of the 9000G Mecs fill the bottles with powder and shot. Set a bucket full of cleaned hulls beside the loader on the left side. Fill the tray with primers and set a box full of wads on the right hand side.

I chose 20ga today since that is what we use most often and I have close to a 1000 hulls in different stages of clean. I store them in 5 gallon buckets with a cover. Chuck doesn't reload so I get all his once fired hulls which I don't tumble as they are pretty clean. I have two five gallon pails full of them.

I run the press as a grabber because the timing is off and I have not been able to resolve the issue. I need to one of these rainy days pack it up and send it to Mec to be reconditioned any way, the sizeing fingers probably should be replaced.

My son was shooting a 20 in the 1990's when I bought the 9000G as was I about one round a week.
I have loaded a lot of rounds with it.

Ran out of wads so remove the 20 ga press and set the 12 ga 9000G in place. Repete setting a bucket of tumbled hulls on the left side, fill the primer tray and set a box of wads on the right.
the timeing is set just right on this press and I crank out 100 in a very short time. Refill the primer tray and wad box and start in again. this time I need to go slower. Not sure where I got these burgandy Federal hulls but some are split at the mouth.

I know they are not mine as I don't buy federal shot shells. I buy nothing but Remington STS or Nitro ammo for clays. I buy Remington gun club ammo for hunting although I don't use the 12 to hunt with much any longer.

Doesn't take but a hour and a half maybe and I have went thru 600 primers for the 12 ga.
Believe I am going to start useing one of the 12's for clays for a while.

:D Al

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
9:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Set up one of the 9000G Mecs fill the bottles with powder and shot. Set a bucket full of cleaned hulls beside the loader on the left side. Fill the tray with primers and set a box full of wads on the right hand side.

I chose 20ga today since that is what we use most often and I have close to a 1000 hulls in different stages of clean. I store them in 5 gallon buckets with a cover. Chuck doesn't reload so I get all his once fired hulls which I don't tumble as they are pretty clean. I have two five gallon pails full of them.

I run the press as a grabber because the timing is off and I have not been able to resolve the issue. I need to one of these rainy days pack it up and send it to Mec to be reconditioned any way, the sizeing fingers probably should be replaced.

My son was shooting a 20 in the 1990's when I bought the 9000G as was I about one round a week.
I have loaded a lot of rounds with it.

Ran out of wads so remove the 20 ga press and set the 12 ga 9000G in place. Repete setting a bucket of tumbled hulls on the left side, fill the primer tray and set a box of wads on the right.
the timeing is set just right on this press and I crank out 100 in a very short time. Refill the primer tray and wad box and start in again. this time I need to go slower. Not sure where I got these burgandy Federal hulls but some are split at the mouth.

I know they are not mine as I don't buy federal shot shells. I buy nothing but Remington STS or Nitro ammo for clays. I buy Remington gun club ammo for hunting although I don't use the 12 to hunt with much any longer.

Doesn't take but a hour and a half maybe and I have went thru 600 primers for the 12 ga.
Believe I am going to start useing one of the 12's for clays for a while.

MEC makes good stuff.
I have 9000 hustlers in 12ga and 20ga.
I shot registered trap and sporting clays for a number of years and went through 500rds-1,000rds of 12ga AA's a week. The hydraulic machines aren't a lot faster but they're a lot more convenient.
What kind of timing issue are you having?

Do you clean all of your hulls prior to loading?
When I first started loading for shotguns, I cleaned mine but quickly realized that it was a lot more trouble than it was worth and abandoned the practice.
I stored hulls in 55gal drums.

Slacker

Hunny Locust Skipchain Sparker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use 12ga for practical style matches
3 gun, uspsa etc. The 100rd value packs at Wally world are cheaper than I could load.
I do load all my metallic cartridges (except rimfire and 7.62x39.)

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I throw about 200 hulls in my tumbler and run it for an hour or there abouts. I store mine in 5 gsllon pails which I have a bunch of from a donut shop and a sub shop.

Yup probably be able to buy value packs cheaper but your shooting just that a value pack round.

Not taylored to the type of use like sporting clays with differt shot sizes for different stations and type of clay from minis to battues those thin tough ones.
We use premiem shot also.

Chuck is always wondering why he doesn't do as well with his 20ga and I and a friend do with ours with hand loads.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The timeing issue may not be in the timeing. Every time the plate is pulled to turn the hulls it will jump and lead jumps out of ther hulls.

When I take the plate puller loose and turn the plate grabber style it doesn't jump or can I feel any catches.