What scored this?

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plastics were the worst to clean....got sh!t all over me lol. Hate to say it but a shop apron would be nice lol.
20190216_124214.jpg

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got to clean this off too.
20190216_124714.jpg

Any tips on getting the old sealant off would be appreciated. Been scraping for 20 min with a razor and not much progress.

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The threads are not tapped on this cylinder. Got it all ready to put back together, got some moto motoseal too.

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
none of the aftermarket ones are threads they are self tapping screws but the oem screws are stronger i usually run them in before assembly
I tried turning one OEM screw in but I give up due to the force and time required....barely got halfway through. Generous member is sending me an 039 pop up piston and I have an OEM 039 cylinder on the way too.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried turning one OEM screw in but I give up due to the force and time required....barely got halfway through. Generous member is sending me an 039 pop up piston and I have an OEM 039 cylinder on the way too.
ok cool they do suck getting them started

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny, Dallas is one of the members to help me out in the past. 660 build off saw, Dall sent me a piston when mine showed up with a casting flaw, I hung a ring in that saw and he sent a second piston, refused to take anything in return.
Thanks again Dall, that saw ended up doing quite well.

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use Dirko Never had any problem. And most aftermarket cylinders have 6mm x1 threads the bolts need to be 50mm long I have done maybe a 100 1127 series or so with the aftermarket cylinder.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use Dirko Never had any problem. And most aftermarket cylinders have 6mm x1 threads the bolts need to be 50mm long I have done maybe a 100 1127 series or so with the aftermarket cylinder.
the thing i dont like about dirko is when you open the tube it gets dry at the end wasting it
the motoseal doesnt dry in the end of the tube

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the thing i dont like about dirko is when you open the tube it gets dry at the end wasting it
the motoseal doesnt dry in the end of the tube
i take plastic sandwich bag and put over the end and then screw on cap. I have started using hylomar blue a lot.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late to this party...but I find it strange that the scoring on the intake side is directly in line with both ring locator pins. Wonder if ring gap was too tight???

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think about who typically buys a homeowner grade saw.

My bet is that multiple bad things were done to that saw including Cold temp scoring and not recognizing a lean condition.

Never did an 026/039 but I did a bunch of 025 which are basically the mini version without the annoying bar stud situation. The AM jugs always came untapped (just like Dall-Ace said) and required popping out the tank spacers to get it right. Something about it certainly felt wrong for sure.

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late to this party...but I find it strange that the scoring on the intake side is directly in line with both ring locator pins. Wonder if ring gap was too tight???
I was curious about the same thing

Think about who typically buys a homeowner grade saw.

My bet is that multiple bad things were done to that saw including Cold temp scoring and not recognizing a lean condition.

Never did an 026/039 but I did a bunch of 025 which are basically the mini version without the annoying bar stud situation. The AM jugs always came untapped (just like Dall-Ace said) and required popping out the tank spacers to get it right. Something about it certainly felt wrong for sure.
I think it was a combination of things too. Kinked fuel line, blocked impulse line probably led to over use of ether (knowing my buddy). I found the intake boot was on upside down and the flywheel side seal had a couple crimps in it.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got to clean this off too.
View attachment 165772

Any tips on getting the old sealant off would be appreciated. Been scraping for 20 min with a razor and not much progress.
For what it’s worth, all factory original 1127 series I’ve torn down had red Dirko factory sealant. After I’m done, they have gray (motoseal) sealant as in your pic. Wondering if you’re not the first one in this deep.

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For what it’s worth, all factory original 1127 series I’ve torn down had red Dirko factory sealant. After I’m done, they have gray (motoseal) sealant as in your pic. Wondering if you’re not the first one in this deep.
Very possible. I thought the same thing from the generous amount of sealant and it was applied in the grooves where the seals sit. I also found the intake boot was on upside down. I'll have to ask my buddy.