High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

what pole saw should i get

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
looking to eventually get a pole saw what models do you guys recommend?

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMO the Makita pole saws are awesome. I like my Stihl 131R Kombi 4-Mix.

To be honest, I chose it because it was the only one with the optional olive picker attachment.

I needed the olive picker so it was a no brainer for me.

One big decision is whether you want multiple attachments, telescoping or fixed.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know I don't want multiple attachments not sure on telescoping vs fixed length either could work I think was thinking a ht131 originally but the new 133 I heard is not holding up as well

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
looking to eventually get a pole saw what models do you guys recommend?

For dedicated pole saw, hearing lots of good stuff about the Echo’s.

IMO the Makita pole saws are awesome. I like my Stihl 131R Kombi 4-Mix.

To be honest, I chose it because it was the only one with the optional olive picker attachment.

I needed the olive picker so it was a no brainer for me.

One big decision is whether you want multiple attachments, telescoping or fixed.

Olive picker attachment? We may need to see that in action, not something they have here.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Olive picker attachment? We may need to see that in action, not something they have here.

This is the one I have. Will be using it plenty next month. I'll get some video of it in action.

StihlSPKMCombi.jpg

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We’ve had a stihl 133 for about a year and it’s been good so far...totally reliable to this point.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an older Echo, and although old and beat up, it always starts and works like a champ. I bought mine used, but if I was looking for a new one I’d probably look at Echo again. Can’t say I have any complaints.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo is the best and both priced pretty close to the same, echo is a bit more expensive around here don’t k ow about elsewhere. I say this as I am getting ready to pick up a used ht101 hah hah hah. Can’t afford new right now and no echos used for sale around here... plenty in Dallas but I don’t want to drive that far.

Reedo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was told that Stihl was going back to a lot of features the 131 had and getting rid of the 133 as soon as stock was sold out. I recently inquired about a 131 that was shown on a local dealers website and was told that after they tried to get a hold of one for me.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
echo is what i was set on getting, but now I have a dedicated Maruyama dealer close so I may look closely at their pole saws if and when I bite the bullet and buy. from previous research, I have found nothing that came close or compared to the echo, but Maruyama wasn't on the radar when I was looking before.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the echo PPT-226. I got it used and it still keeps on going. I even got it stuck under a branch and bent it. Put a new shaft an tube on it and still a great unit. If they put that new x type 2620 engine on a polesaw I'll buy that if this one ever dies. I have that engine on a brush cutter and it is the most powerful 26cc engine I've ever used.

Haven't used a Stihl and don't like the Husqvarnas build quality on their pole saws.

I'd get the echo with no regrets!

IMG_20180223_140634.jpg

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 131 and a 133..the 133 leaves some to be desired.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the echo PPT-226. I got it used and it still keeps on going. I even got it stuck under a branch and bent it. Put a new shaft an tube on it and still a great unit. If they put that new x type 2620 engine on a polesaw I'll buy that if this one ever dies. I have that engine on a brush cutter and it is the most powerful 26cc engine I've ever used.

Haven't used a Stihl and don't like the Husqvarnas build quality on their pole saws.

I'd get the echo with no regrets!

View attachment 145616
I have the new powerhead on mine. It has really good power i think. Lightweight bar oil is a must if its cold, clutch just slips unless you give it a little boost. Once warm though its a screamer for sure. I need a new string trimmer and ill be getting the echo with this powerhead without a doubt.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Stihl HT101 and it has been reliable and effective. I actually use my Marvin manual pole saw/pruner much more frequently. Unless you have LOTS of overhead work to do I think a good manual saw is the way to go for a number of reasons. Cost, portability and reach being some of them

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where is Bob? @Spike60 did you look at the Echo pole saws as well as the top handles?

No; haven't thought about the pole saws yet. Thinking a couple trimmers and couple blowers. The big "look" will actually take place a week from tomorrow when I'm down there for the Exmark meeting.