What oil is best? and what ratio?

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That actually doesn’t surprise me at all really. I had a Prius for a commuter I will admit for a while. I drive 70 miles round-trip to work and I was curious so I bought a used one. On the highway I think many other cars could’ve got close or the same mpg with more power and more room. If I took some back roads to work where there is enough stop and go and overall slower speeds I could get around 60 miles per gallon. If you’re not utilizing the battery to me there’s no use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I get 24mpg with my Duramax on straight highway run. Its a 2500... [emoji16][emoji106]

Yes, set my cruise on 71mph and let my Duramax buck - typically between 23 and 25mpg. It's a 2019 GMC that I bought back in March. I hate dealing with the DEF but as soon as it turns 5 and the warranty is gone, she's getting a cat delete and programmed.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Mustang has Magnaflow cats and is fully emissions compliant for all 50 States! I needed new ones, and Ford did not make them any more!

Just as well, the Magnaflow improve the performance!

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes still not sure which ones best yet.
79e1497e8ca78e2850e3acf60f7be1fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, set my cruise on 71mph and let my Duramax buck - typically between 23 and 25mpg. It's a 2019 GMC that I bought back in March. I hate dealing with the DEF but as soon as it turns 5 and the warranty is gone, she's getting a cat delete and programmed.

That’s crazy mileage for these new ones. I’m happy with the 21 now out of my 6.7 and maybe 500 HP to the wheels.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what 2 stroke oil are you adding to your diesel tank?
I used to add the cheap walmart TC3 stuff. But now I run biodiesel. Much better lubricant for the injectors. [emoji106]
I run diesel fuel additive in every tank of fuel since new...
Either Stanadyne, Power Service, or Howes etc..

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But now I run biodiesel.

I did a heap of work with biodiesel way back when. I even have a patent on a cheap biodiesel processor. So do you make your own or is it available where you are?

If you use 2% biodiesel in your diesel, it will adequately lubricate the injection system.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did a heap of work with biodiesel way back when. I even have a patent on a cheap biodiesel processor. So do you make your own or is it available where you are?

If you use 2% biodiesel in your diesel, it will adequately lubricate the injection system.

We have pumps with B5-B20 around home.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I thought about making my own several times. I made some small batches, very time consuming for me... Just easier for me to buy it. One place in RI collects 99.9% of the WVO now. They make it into the ATSM rated fuel and tax it. Every once in a while I run straight B99 for a tank. Usually just before I change out my fuel filter. Most of the time I run what comes out to be B25.
I like how quiet and smooth my truck runs. It's a bit cheaper. Lubes real good.
www.newportbiodiesel.com

Tell me more about your setup please.