Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the cap screw down tight @SOS Ridgerider

If so I’ll just buy by the gallon and take that with me to the pump. My ratio right cup doesn’t have a lid
That fastens
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's ok. I wouldn't say it's spill proof. Tight enough to swirl the gas around in it to mix the last drops of oil with a splash of gas, but not tight enough to really shake it.
If left upright and stable I'd be comfortable travelling with it. Laying on its side or upside down it'll definitely leak.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's ok. I wouldn't say it's spill proof. Tight enough to swirl the gas around in it to mix the last drops of oil with a splash of gas, but not tight enough to really shake it.
If left upright and stable I'd be comfortable travelling with it. Laying on its side or upside down it'll definitely leak.

Good enough for the cup holder in the front seat!!!

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Using Ratio Wrongs since the early 70's

TD-WB300-2.jpg

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never run richer than 40:1, but Saber at 40:1 lubricates just great, so there is no need.

Others have reported problems with M Tronic with richer mixes, but I believe is was oil dependent (some oils were OK richer, others not).

I just use what works for me. I have had builders rip down my saws and say there were well oiled, that is all that matters.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never run richer than 40:1, but Saber at 40:1 lubricates just great, so there is no need.

Others have reported problems with M Tronic with richer mixes, but I believe is was oil dependent (some oils were OK richer, others not).

I just use what works for me. I have had builders rip down my saws and say there were well oiled, that is all that matters.
It is mostly depending on tune. If you tune yours saws a bit on the rich side, then 50:1 is even sufficient.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tired of measuring your oil? Don't know when to use 32:1 vs 50:1??

Take out the guess work and

JUST USE 70:1!!

20190828_154249.jpg
At least it's easy to use 2 for 35:1

BTW my Echo bottles had consistently just under 2.5oz, so either my measuring cup is off, or they're shorting me.

Last edited: