High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
FWOW the original Red Armour was a pretty unique oil and appeared to work really well, although I never ran it long enough to say for certain. It was ridiculously expensive.
Currently its formulated just like many other FD oils and is nothing special, yet the price never came down. The old bait and switch.

Chainganger

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, that is what I read between the lines!
And the Schaefer’s 9000 says it meets or exceeds FD rating but I am not sure it was actually sent in for testing.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, that is what I read between the lines!
And the Schaefer’s 9000 says it meets or exceeds FD rating but I am not sure it was actually sent in for testing.
Schaeffers is a ashless marine oil and can not pass the FD tests. There is not a single oil that's actually certified that is an ashless formulation. Further, both the OPE OEM's and Schaeffers say not to use it in an application like a chainsaw.

Last edited:

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looking at a friends Yamaha Banshee tonight that ate a mag side crank bearing. The cause was likely corrosion. It sat over the winter in his un heated garage with no fogging oil. The crank lobes where rusted on the mag side as well. Ran since new on Klotz Super Techniplate.
One has to be really careful with these ester and castor based oils as they have no corrosion prote tion and actually attract water out of the air.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Klotz Super is not recommended as a storage lubricant, so no surprise there Ben.
I wasnt supprised either.
I would not be supprised if R50 or Mobil MX2T did the exact same thing.
FWIW this was in Montana where the climate is bone dry compared to the eastern US.

Finnrpm

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at a friends Yamaha Banshee tonight that ate a mag side crank bearing. The cause was likely corrosion. It sat over the winter in his un heated garage with no fogging oil. The crank lobes where rusted on the mag side as well. Ran since new on Klotz Super Techniplate.
One has to be really careful with these ester and castor based oils as they have no corrosion prote tion and actually attract water out of the air.
Just curious, was the owner using only ethanol free gas? Water contaminated gasoline would contribute to the matter even if you would have strong corrosion protection added for the oil used.
RV

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just curious, was the owner using only ethanol free gas? Water contaminated gasoline would contribute to the matter even if you would have strong corrosion protection added for the oil used.
RV
Yes, E free only. But your right, ethanol can cause issues like this as well because it attracts water just like ester and castor based oils.

Last edited:

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this blendzall was a nitro additive to be put in the gas/mix of a engine? But yes I'd bet it would stick a stock engine on stock jets on the dyno.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This piston is from a high hour 4 mil stroker,
bigbore Yamaha Banshee engine ran on Klotz Super Techniplate its whole life.
Anyone see any problems?
20190412_141952.jpg 20190412_141923.jpg 20190412_141918.jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All depends how it was tuned, NO?