User ID
Reaction score
There are much better choices than H1R.

Ford or Chevy
Mack or Kenworth
Cat or Deere
Stihl or Husqvarna
Rotella or Delo

I have run H1R at 32:1 through multiple chainsaws, a few Shindawia weedwackers, couple stihl blowers, multiple TS420s, 2 Ts500I, a Stihl polesaw, a stihl garden tiller ( hers), a ms201 Mtron, and even a lil ms150. Even put a few gallons through honda powered 4cycle air compressors on our service trucks lol. There may be better oils, but I have no complaints with H1R and it's obviously working.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ford or Chevy
Mack or Kenworth
Cat or Deere
Stihl or Husqvarna
Rotella or Delo

I have run H1R at 32:1 through multiple chainsaws, a few Shindawia weedwackers, couple stihl blowers, multiple TS420s, 2 Ts500I, a Stihl polesaw, a stihl garden tiller ( hers), a ms201 Mtron, and even a lil ms150. Even put a few gallons through honda powered 4cycle air compressors on our service trucks lol. There may be better oils, but I have no complaints with H1R and it's obviously working.
10+ years ago everyone ran Cat, then there was a lot of Deere. Now everyone seems to run TigerCat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

komatsu

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ding, ding,
Let's get ready to Rrrrrrrumble!

LOL
Just tossing that out there to get the thread started again.

Seriously though....theres guys on oil forums that spend forever chasing the perfect oil down and changing oil ever 3k miles. I just run what works, change it ever couple years if it needs it or not and don't worry about it lol.
We are those guys here splitting needles with 2 stroke oil.
It is kinda addictive though..:D

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL
Just tossing that out there to get the thread started again.

Seriously though....theres guys on oil forums that spend forever chasing the perfect oil down and changing oil ever 3k miles. I just run what works, change it ever couple years if it needs it or not and don't worry about it lol.
We are those guys here splitting needles with 2 stroke oil.
It is kinda addictive though..:D
Perhaps you don't really want your question answered unless its the answer you favour. If H1R is serving you well and your happy with it keep doing what works. You seem to have used a lot of it so perhaps we should be asking you about H1R. The 1 litre I bought and used I thought was horrible for saws & OPE 2strokes. Everything I ran it in ran worse, was hard to tune & effected throttle response. It didn't combust well in saws at all. I did like the color of it though, I like red/orange oil. I think its a well made oil far from cheap but its best application is not in small low BMEP handheld 2strokes, there are far better oils suited for this. Like my answer?

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ford or Chevy
Mack or Kenworth
Cat or Deere
Stihl or Husqvarna
Rotella or Delo

If your bar is that it doesnt blow up your saw have at it.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep I have run lots of Husky oil. Never a problem. But I heard it's a bad offender coking up your saw? Most recently I have run 2 qts of Amsoil, Dominator, I think it was. And finishing up a quart of Lucus. I do like the red oil too.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep I have run lots of Husky oil. Never a problem. But I heard it's a bad offender coking up your saw? I have run 2 qts of Amsoil, Dominator, I think it was.

Not with a good tune

komatsu

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Perhaps you don't really want your question answered unless its the answer you favour. If H1R is serving you well and your happy with it keep doing what works. You seem to have used a lot of it so perhaps we should be asking you about H1R. The 1 litre I bought and used I thought was horrible for saws & OPE 2strokes. Everything I ran it in ran worse, was hard to tune & effected throttle response. It didn't combust well in saws at all. I did like the color of it though, I like red/orange oil. I think its a well made oil far from cheap but its best application is not in small low BMEP handheld 2strokes, there are far better oils suited for this. Like my answer?

Na, Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and im not looking for any specific answer. I started running H1R back when it was the best on AS....maybe 4ish years ago.? Since then, I haven't been on any forums and priorities have been elsewhere. Look up now, and now H1R sucks lol. While I was working with equipment running H1R for the last 4ish years, I missed the discussion somewhere of why H1R sucked so badly. Just was asking for a simple run down why, and I got it.

Im not one to ask about H1R. I have run quite a bit of it, but I dont pull mufflers and such to observe just the oil mix. Maybe I should.... I will say I have noticed myself that it does tune a bit funky...it needs considerably more on the screws. After the initial tune though, I haven't had any tuneability issues.

Yep, I like your answer and all others too.