2017-10-02 16.22.26.jpg 2018-02-03 22.37.19.jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Polaris, had recognized the "all-in-one" advantages of TC-W3 two-stroke oil, and recommended the use of TC-W3 oils in their watercraft, quads and snowmobiles for several years, have recently taken Ski-Doo's position....don't use it! Basically, specially formulated snowmobile oils that pass JASO FC/ISO-L-EGD and do not follow NMMA outboard engine additive restrictions will provide much better protection for higher rpm applications (snowmobiles generally rev higher than 6,000 rpm) and still provide a superior lubricity and detergency than TC-W3 oils at the same cost with less smoke. So, use snowmobile oil in your snowmobile and outboard oil in your outboard engine.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Polaris, had recognized the "all-in-one" advantages of TC-W3 two-stroke oil, and recommended the use of TC-W3 oils in their watercraft, quads and snowmobiles for several years, have recently taken Ski-Doo's position....don't use it! Basically, specially formulated snowmobile oils that pass JASO FC/ISO-L-EGD and do not follow NMMA outboard engine additive restrictions will provide much better protection for higher rpm applications (snowmobiles generally rev higher than 6,000 rpm) and still provide a superior lubricity and detergency than TC-W3 oils at the same cost with less smoke. So, use snowmobile oil in your snowmobile and outboard oil in your outboard engine.
I was around for that and it was a disaster in all respects, but especially with their fan cooled models and those models equiped with exhaust valves.
This might piss the Schaeffers guys off, but TCW3 oils like Schaeffers suck in anything but a outboard motor. I addition I ran some of the stuff(two types) through a lawnboy, which spec tcw3 oils and it was pretty bad.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not an amsoil dealer but its basically all ive ever used, with exception of a case of mobil1 i won in a raffle donated by @junkman. Ive used the diesel oil in my vw for years, ive seen it run at 80:1 for years (like 15 years on the same old ebz8000 blowers) under daily hard use in trimmers and blowers. Im pretty firmly in the “run what works for you” camp. Amsoil hasnt let me down and is available for a decent price locally from friends who are dealers, so it works for me.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not an amsoil dealer but its basically all ive ever used, with exception of a case of mobil1 i won in a raffle donated by @junkman. Ive used the diesel oil in my vw for years, ive seen it run at 80:1 for years (like 15 years on the same old ebz8000 blowers) under daily hard use in trimmers and blowers. Im pretty firmly in the “run what works for you” camp. Amsoil hasnt let me down and is available for a decent price locally from friends who are dealers, so it works for me.

I wanna try a couple kourts of dominator.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna try a couple kourts of dominator.
It’s good stuff. It’s what I’ve been running recently. No fuel stabilizer in it however is the downside. I go through gas quickly enough where it doesn’t matter to me.