High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep sorry for the confusion. Mystic sea ans snow citgo aircooled and citgo sea and snow are all the same oil and im tickled pinkvwith the performance price and availability of that oil. My only complaint with saber pro is the tune got dulled and not as sharp and crisp at higher oil ratios like 32:1. It did well at 40 and 50:1 tho. The mystic is sharp at every ratio ive tried.
I ran cases of sea and snow through an 800cc rotax. The factory oil pump put out 20:1 or more and I never touched it. I was the only person I know that didnt have piston issues with that particular motor.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It’s still just a synthetic blend. Wonder why they haven’t gone full synthetic yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What's different about it?

Semi synthetic or synthetic blends mean they are a mixture of synthetic and dyno oil. In general terms that means that the oil particle sizes can vary widely because synthetic particles are very small and uniform, and dyno particles can be small or large. The smaller and more uniform being better for getting in those tight spots. Meaning that even though it may have great detergents for cleaning it may not be much better lubricating as dyno oil.

<DoB>

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Semi synthetic or synthetic blends mean they are a mixture of synthetic and dyno oil. In general terms that means that the oil particle sizes can vary widely because synthetic particles are very small and uniform, and dyno particles can be small or large. The smaller and more uniform being better for getting in those tight spots. Meaning that even though it may have great detergents for cleaning it may not be much better lubricating as dyno oil.

Oh no I get that but what's the difference between the old and the new semi synthetic Husqvarna oil?

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh no I get that but what's the difference between the old and the new semi synthetic Husqvarna oil?

Gotcha no idea there lol. Just amazed that the one of the largest/the largest still uses semi synthetic lol

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think @CoreyB has tried some and was thinking about breaking in his new ported 395xp in with it. Maybe he knows something about it?

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Rubbish..

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Rubbish..
Lol at least I know that's how it is on cars. Don't see the point in semi synthetic myself. Might as well just run dyno.

Sent from my KFAUWI using Tapatalk

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was racing in the Desert back in the '70s, I tried using Pennzoil two-stroke. It worked great, I expect that the latest version of mineral two-stroke oil is much better than that early stuff.

However, I felt it was a bit 'thin'. Just a feeling and I wanted more in the crankcase when I tore it down. I tried mixing one can of STP oil treatment with 3 quarts of Pennzoil. It ran the same, but the stuff was like grease all over the inside of the engine. I stuck with it for three years and never had a problem. I probably could have just run the Pennzoil, but I appreciated that 'greasy' covering whenever I tore the engine down. I expect the lower end bearings didn't object to it either.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also raises the question of octane too. Lower octane fuel burn cleaner or dirtier? Lots of unknowns.
Some oils burn better at lower octane? Or vice versa?