High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I wouldnt trust dominator as a storage lube one bit. I personally have had some rusted cranks with it in pwcs after 1 week sitting. If you fog your stuff after riding it would be a great oil for high stress/abusive riding. I think its probably the best protecting oil amsoil has just not a good storage oil even short term. Now it may not rust so quick in a non marine application.
Ive seen enough of the same to not have any interest. Plus its sold by Scamsoil..

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
458E1151-F6FE-4274-BEE9-13A0A66A3366.jpeg Husqvarna low smoke 32:1. Ran hard with 32 inch bar in hardwood. Been on this stuff for last several tanks. Exhaust side still wet with oil weeks later. This stuff works pretty good. Cheap too

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been very happy with amsoil saber at 32:1 for several years about 6. Then i was having trouble with the saber outboard in my highly modded stand up jetskis with piston and sleeve wear. So i switched to mystic sea and snow. Now last summer i switched my saws and ope to mystic also and have been very pleased with the results in my skis. I was rebuilding and boring the sleeves every winter. Now i tore it down this winter with beautiful piston wash thin carbon layer on piston no measureable liner wear no scuffing i am so happy i switched (thanks to @bwalker ) for recommending it to me. Its doing very well in my saws too. I am sure saber pro would do good in my skis as it did in my ope but 1 oil for all makes a guy happy.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
1:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been very happy with amsoil saber at 32:1 for several years about 6. Then i was having trouble with the saber outboard in my highly modded stand up jetskis with piston and sleeve wear. So i switched to mystic sea and snow. Now last summer i switched my saws and ope to mystic also and have been very pleased with the results in my skis. I was rebuilding and boring the sleeves every winter. Now i tore it down this winter with beautiful piston wash thin carbon layer on piston no measureable liner wear no scuffing i am so happy i switched (thanks to @bwalker ) for recommending it to me. Its doing very well in my saws too. I am sure saber pro would do good in my skis as it did in my ope but 1 oil for all makes a guy happy.
Ben recommended Amsoil? Thats a shocker as I thought he didnt like it at all and called it scamsoil

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im sorry Smokey. I misread that u switched from Amsoil

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep sorry for the confusion. Mystic sea ans snow citgo aircooled and citgo sea and snow are all the same oil and im tickled pinkvwith the performance price and availability of that oil. My only complaint with saber pro is the tune got dulled and not as sharp and crisp at higher oil ratios like 32:1. It did well at 40 and 50:1 tho. The mystic is sharp at every ratio ive tried.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep sorry for the confusion. Mystic sea ans snow citgo aircooled and citgo sea and snow are all the same oil and im tickled pinkvwith the performance price and availability of that oil. My only complaint with saber pro is the tune got dulled and not as sharp and crisp at higher oil ratios like 32:1. It did well at 40 and 50:1 tho. The mystic is sharp at every ratio ive tried.
Good to hear!Deal is u get to take your equipment down to see what the oil is actually doing. Alota fellows never see what is actually goin on internally and assume the oil is doin a good job

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t take mine apart to check either. Trouble is I stuck a ring with Lucas. Didn’t have much choice but open that one. Dry as a bone. I sorta blamed myself as in user error. Then my muffler shook loose on my 272. We can call that a fairly normal Thing. After seeing how dry that saw was also. Yeah just not a good oil. Same saw tuned the exact same way with a different oil yielded a better result. That’s almost scientific.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t take mine apart to check either. Trouble is I stuck a ring with Lucas. Didn’t have much choice but open that one. Dry as a bone. I sorta blamed myself as in user error. Then my muffler shook loose on my 272. We can call that a fairly normal Thing. After seeing how dry that saw was also. Yeah just not a good oil. Same saw tuned the exact same way with a different oil yielded a better result. That’s almost scientific.
If testing new oils it pays to take a peek inside and actually would take me about 10 minutes on a 440, 460, 660 etc. Not neccessary but once IMO to inspect the bottomend. Everyone to their own and I really dont have the time to take them apart as Im too busy takin everyone elses apart and looking at how great that Stihl Ultra is:)

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only motors ive been taking down to inspect is my skis. Those i treat like the high performance engine that they are and yank them down in the off season. I will likely skip the take down next winter since ive seen no measureable wear in the last season. By the 3rd season i will put pistons in it for fear that they will crack a skirt. On my ope ive popped the mufflers off and looked. If i see anything i dont like ill pull the carb and look in the bottom end with my inspection camera. Depending on what i see determines if i pull the jug. Sometimes im pulling the jug for porting changes and it serves a second purpose to check for carbon buildup scoring scuffing and residual oil in the case. Im very very happy with the mystic/citgo. The way it performs you would think it was some super expensive boutique oil. It is just that impressive to me. I felt bad about using it at first because it was so cheap. I think im paying $6 a qt if i buy a case.