jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think that's what @Brewz runs, if I remember correctly.

* Edit- Scratch that I just realized what you have is synthetic. Pretty sure brews is running a mineral based Castrol 2t. oil

Last edited:

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
10:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think that's what @Brewz runs, if I remember correctly.

* Edit- Scratch that I just realized what you have is synthetic. Pretty sure brews is running a mineral based Castrol 2t. oil
Yeah I run the Mineral Castrol Activ 2T
I think oils available in Australia are different to the USA.
I know a lot of people in the US hate the Stihl Ultra oil but here, I have seen nothing but low wear and clean cylinders running it. I just hate the smell and price.
25:1 in saws over 100cc and 32:1 in saws under.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I run the Mineral Castrol Activ 2T
I think oils available in Australia are different to the USA.
I know a lot of people in the US hate the Stihl Ultra oil but here, I have seen nothing but low wear and clean cylinders running it. I just hate the smell and price.
25:1 in saws over 100cc and 32:1 in saws under.
Lotta folks round my parts use the stihl oil as well I have just don’t love the stuff.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
7:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that looks like s hit
Almost all smaller cc handhelds run on Ultra that come in my shop look horrible. Carbon in the ring lands and then they stick and cause problem. Thoso pics r from a BG55 blower less than 1 year of use

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Almost all smaller cc handhelds run on Ultra that come in my shop look horrible. Carbon in the ring lands and then they stick and cause problem. Thoso pics r from a BG55 blower less than 1 year of use
Ultra is an ashless oil that was brought out to band aid problems with the poorly designed fourmix engine. Its formulated very similar to a boat oil in that it doesnt use mettalic based detergent additives. Not suprised. The stuff also smells terrible due to the fact the alternative to detergents are amine based dispersents. They all stink to varrying degrees.

Last edited:

Finnrpm

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil will get the smell of this thing off? I took 2 showers already and I still smell squeal???
ea5106837e361acaf0f63737296bdcf1.jpg

https://www.ipone.fr/en/product/snow-racing-2t/

RV

Finnrpm

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After using alkylate fuel mixed with mobil 1r 2t ( red colour ), the smell of exhaust fumes when using normal pump gas, is really noticeable. Also the next day i have a headache..... :eek:
Don't know how much gas affects the " oil stink factor " but i will be using alkylate fuel on small engines which blow exhaust near to my face.
I know it is expensive compared to normal gas, but here in Finland our government taxes gasoline with a heavy hand and alkylate fuel is not taxed, the price difference is acceptable.
RV

Last edited: