Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
wrong thread fred. lol

if I get a gain with 4 deg, I will grind 2 deg in the cylinder. if I get a loss, I can back up 4 deg. I will then be 2 deg more then where I started. keep in mind I do this in duration not after top dead center.
Gotcha, I was thinking you made the slot at a 4 degree angle. I wasn’t thinking 4 degrees of crank rotation. My head came outta muh butt

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most air cooled oils take abit of work to mix in cold weather. Oils like 800T, R-50, ST, etc are very tough to get to mix at all in temps below 30. A few weeks back it was around zero here and Red Armour was thick as honey. I took the bottle inside and let it warm up for a day and it mixed fine then. Had i just dumped it in the can and filled with gas its likely it would have never mixed fully. R-50 in the same conditions would have been even worse.

Yes, I know, when I mixed that hp2 the bottle had been siting in my house over night within 8' of wood stove. Took it outside poured it in the gas can (after the unmixed gas was in it) and it all went right to the bottom.

I started riding snowmobiles when I was 12, used to ride up to the pump, pump in 5 gallons, then dump in the oil, shake sled side to side, and take off. On really cold days I would ride with the oil bottle in my inside jacket vest pocket to keep it warm.

Flatzout

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never tried it. I’m sometimes a tad shaky with using stuff that’s ok in boats. I sorta look for strictly air cooled oils now. I’ve never heard of it

Lucas makes some damn fine oil additives. I strongly dislike their two stroke oil

Flatzout

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My old man blew up 2 saws on stens oil. I dont know if he used the wrong size bottle in the gas jug or what. Lost the crank and p&c on one saw and p&c on another. The second one i saved the jug first one had tons of bearing damage too bad to reuse.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been using Motul 800 2T... but from what I have been reading, Red Armor will be what I switch to. Saws run great on 800... should run even better on RA.

Both are about the same price for a 1 gallon jug.

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna try and call echo tomorrow and ask them about why the changed the RD formula.

In the meantime , has anybody on here ever run Lubegard ? Supposedly they make one of the best engine oil additives according the guys on "bob is the oil guy" forums.

http://www.lubegard.com/SearchByCat...81&title=LUBEGARD+Premium+2+Cycle+Engine+Oil#

$15.40 per quart on amazon.

Never seen or used the two cycle oil. However lubeguard makes some great Transmission fluid additives. I've seen it breathe New life into a few that were on the brink of being overhauled.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone still use the super tech full synthetic. ? Seen some at Walmart. Fairly cheap. 9908357F-1D96-4EFE-B965-D9BE00F85210.jpeg

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to get jumped on for suggesting the use of a quality mineral oil. All the builders swore by full synthetics and their loyal followers followed. Even suggesting a semi synth oil was a no-no. Arrhh how times have changed lol.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last old Ford I drove I'd occasionally buy the ST synthetic and pour in the gas tank. Worked well for that. But then I been known mix sae 30 in the 2 cycle and drain oil in the bar.

Was using .99 50:1 synthetic for a year or so in the saws but switched to amsoil @ 40:1 cause ya all got me paranoid. Even though sae 30 @32:1 did me well for years I don't miss the fog.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I used to get jumped on for suggesting the use of a quality mineral oil. All the builders swore by full synthetics and their loyal followers followed. Even suggesting a semi synth oil was a no-no. Arrhh how times have changed lol.
Most oils now are at least a synthetic blend and for good reason.

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Last old Ford I drove I'd occasionally buy the ST synthetic and pour in the gas tank. Worked well for that. But then I been known mix sae 30 in the 2 cycle and drain oil in the bar.

Was using .99 50:1 synthetic for a year or so in the saws but switched to amsoil @ 40:1 cause ya all got me paranoid. Even though sae 30 @32:1 did me well for years I don't miss the fog.
I refuse to work on a saw the owner has used drain oil for bar lube. My parts washer holds 40 gallons, one drain oil saw kills the whole solution. It's worse than 30 saws.
Shep

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
bwalker, post: 594258, member: 523"]Most oils now are at least a synthetic blend and for good reason.
Good you can run them. I used plenty of semi synthetics & while they are much better than full synthetics in saws, I know what I prefer. Claiming a oil is part synthetic doesn't tell you whether its 1% or 99%. Most of the better performing semi's are not really synthetic at all. But they can be OK giving the best of both worlds, though they are good at achieving high jaso FC/FD ratings.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good you can run them. I used plenty of semi synthetics & while they are much better than full synthetics in saws, I know what I prefer. Claiming a oil is part synthetic doesn't tell you whether its 1% or 99%. Most of the better performing semi's are not really synthetic at all. But they can be OK giving the best of both worlds, though they are good at achieving high jaso FC/FD ratings.
I am not sure what you mean by "most of the better performing semis are not really synthetic at all"?
The fact of the matter is a straight mineral oil will not pass FC, let alone FD.
What problems did you have with full synthetics?

Last edited: