What oil is best? and what ratio?

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
250 is 4 mix right? Id like a 75 or 85 actually.some say the echo is better ive never ran one of theres i guess i should go to home depot and rent an echo for a day sometime
Ht250 is the big daddy non epa motor like the fs250 trimmer/brushcutter motor. Non clamshell

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im not really aa fan of stihl blowers weedeaters powerpruners string trimmers hedge trimmers and edgers since 4 mix all that line is echo for me,i wish they had never come out with that 4 mix crap.and i gave my. Stihl hp ultra stn. oil to the neighbor since my last post

My br450 and fs94 are 2 strokers.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Typical from what I see internally with Stihl Ultra. The carbon itself isnt bad but the buildup in the ring lands and rings are a problem. I see this more in their blower and small homeowner saws

I'm not an expert saw mechanic Keith but I've put top ends and pistons in stihl saws abused by services that lived on ultra and they looked nothing like that.

I ain't buyin' that stihl oil is the cause of that mess.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not an expert saw mechanic Keith but I've put top ends and pistons in stihl saws abused by services that lived on ultra and they looked nothing like that.

I ain't buyin' that stihl oil is the cause of that mess.
I think its the small screen but the oil is messy. *s-word oil if u ask me and one of the dirtest Ive seen that 9/10th of what people around here run. Good for my business though!!:eek::D

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Alota the folks here run the Stihl Motomix and it looks the same so the oil itself is a large contributor
I know it stumk like hell that 2 stroke oil i mixed 1 gal. And i said never again will i mix anothe batch.kids were playing i told daughter to take it and give it to her friends dad hes got ryobi junk anyway.its gone now i got a new gal.of amsoil saber in garage

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
10:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know it stumk like hell that 2 stroke oil i mixed 1 gal. And i said never again will i mix anothe batch.kids were playing i told daughter to take it and give it to her friends dad hes got ryobi junk anyway.its gone now i got a new gal.of amsoil saber in garage

Yeah gotta agree it stinks won’t use it here had to use some back in the summer in hedgetrimmer and pruner never again
I will stick too Dolmar oil or Redline racing oil