What oil is best? and what ratio?

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats no joke! We r replacing planetary gears in our D9 right now and its costing $122,000!!!

It filters through everything. The CAT die cast toys in the store are twice the price of JD or other brands in their store. We actually buy CAT keys from our JD dealer, because they're cheaper... :mad:

I do have to say though, we had a JD 750 dozer that puked a rod through the block with only a few hundred hours on it. The CAT and Komatsu equipment we have has never done that.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Keith Gandy I don't actually know precisely where my tune was at that particular day. I don't use a tach. In my opinion it was certainly on the "safe" side. Now it certainly could have been my fault and no fault of the oil.
Just that there's no doubt she was dry dry dry inside. The bearing is what gave up. Gave the Piston just enough play to start touching the roof of the Cylinder. A chunk of the Piston or roof of the Cylinder is what stuck the ring. Easier to see in person just what had happened. I'll certainly not use any more Lucas.
Great and I just bought a quart of it![emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It filters through everything. The CAT die cast toys in the store are twice the price of JD or other brands in their store. We actually buy CAT keys from our JD dealer, because they're cheaper... :mad:

I do have to say though, we had a JD 750 dozer that puked a rod through the block with only a few hundred hours on it. The CAT and Komatsu equipment we have has never done that.
We push around 50yds of pine chips every push up various grades in a gradual turn toward a reclaim system probably 20 out of every 24hr periods on 2 D9s. One has 14000 hrs on the engine and the one in the shop almost 17000 and absolutely no engine problems. Usual problems like solenoids, tracks, track bolts, AC, driveline, etc. Thoso Cat dozer r almost bulletproof!! We are up for lease on both next year and will get 2 new ones

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We push around 50yds of pine chips every push up various grades in a gradual turn toward a reclaim system probably 20 out of every 24hr periods on 2 D9s. One has 14000 hrs on the engine and the one in the shop almost 17000 and absolutely no engine problems. Usual problems like solenoids, tracks, track bolts, AC, driveline, etc. Thoso Cat dozer r almost bulletproof!! We are up for lease on both next year and will get 2 new ones

We only have one D9, but it lives its entire life in a brick plant. They pay us T&M to strip clay and push it to the plant, from spring thaw till the ground freezes. I don't even know how many hours are on that frame, but it's on its second full overhaul, and ready for the 3rd or 4th undercarriage this winter.

For bulk dirt work, we have 3 D8's. 2 D8Ts, and a D8R. The operators all prefer the R over the T, even though it's not as comfortable. They all say it just wants to push.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sell it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah I will just use it. Plenty of folks say good stuff about it. And at this point I don't even know if we're talking about two stroke oil doing this or lucas assembly lube?? Haha

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he meant use the Lucas 2 stroke oil for assembly oil when you rebuild saws and other 2 stroke power equipment. Many here use the 2 stroke oil for that purpose.
Verses using it as a fuel/oil mix.
That's all. [emoji2]

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he meant use the Lucas 2 stroke oil for assembly oil when you rebuild saws and other 2 stroke power equipment. Many here use the 2 stroke oil for that purpose.
Verses using it as a fuel/oil mix.
That's all. [emoji2]

Oh ok. I understand now. I was thinking that's the first I have heard about folks not liking the Lucas for mix oil.

I am on board now.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$5.50 a bottle at my JD dealer.
That might be the cheapest JD product ever. How many gallons does it treat?

He didn't say it was cheap. He said JD was cheaper than CAT. I'll believe that. CAT is probably the only company that is more proud of their stuff than JD is.
I kid I kid lol. Really I have no idea about any of that stuff and probably never will. Working at a print shop the closest I come to CAT anything is the C7 ( i think) in the delivery truck.

Thats no joke! We r replacing planetary gears in our D9 right now and its costing $122,000!!!
DAAAAAM!

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My local echo deal or said he didn't have red armor. He said no one buys it. I said I would have if you had a bulk bottle of it. That was the end of that.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My local echo deal or said he didn't have red armor. He said no one buys it. I said I would have if you had a bulk bottle of it. That was the end of that.

mine has it but its not affordable.