High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
To rich will stick rings. i have noticed husky with the one ring piston and there ring is also thinnerimo.not trying to open a can of worms either by any means.thanx

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buildup unburned oil more carbon
When an oil combust it produces a byproduct, carbon? If u r tuned rich and never fully combust all the oil it never has a chance to form carbon ? It u tuned too rich and run a low ratio the oil will not fully combust and stay wet and actually wash everything clean imo

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will Not blame the oil but I did stick a ring and lose a bearing running Lucas. 32:1. I'll never buy it again. 346. Xp. She was dry dry.
Dry Dry Dry ......... and I ran it at 25:1 - I've got 2 gallons of it that I ain't ever going to be using as mix.

I use VP 2 cycle oil for assembly oil ....... maybe after I've ran out of the VP, I'll use the Lucas as assembly oil

Buildup unburned oil more carbon
:confused:

I run 24:1 in alot of my stuff ....... I ain't seen a single lick of carbon in the rings

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dry Dry Dry ......... and I ran it at 25:1 - I've got 2 gallons of it that I ain't ever going to be using as mix.

I use VP 2 cycle oil for assembly oil ....... maybe after I've ran out of the VP, I'll use the Lucas as assembly oil

:confused:

I run 24:1 in alot of my stuff ....... I ain't seen a single lick of carbon in the rings
Ok

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why are all these oils threads so much contraversey anyway.i say run whatever works for you. And run with it
No problem with that but we try and keep these post factual with proof so the population gets information thats been tested and not misinformation

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Carbon will make a ring stick thats the problem on the 5.3 chevy dod motors were it shuts 4 of the cylinders off and the oil gets past the rings and they collapse and you have oil consuption.i have also expierianced this myself there is actually a service bullitin and update on several years of this motor from gm

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Carbon will make a ring stick thats the problem on the 5.3 chevy dod motors were it shuts 4 of the cylinders off and the oil gets past the rings and they collapse and you have oil consuption.i have also expierianced this myself there is actually a service bullitin and update on several years of this motor from gm
I agree but unburn oil doesnt cause carbon? How does being rich and the oil never burning make carbon?

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I noticed when i went to ll 100 my saws smoked like crazy till they cleaned up i hardly have any smoke at all doing that and saber amsoil,i also run amsoil outboard in ny boat so nuch less smoke