High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

NorthcentralYooper

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I use Amsoil dominator 50:1 , used to run Amsoil Saber 60:1 for years , many I know ran 80:1 for years as well. I think if your running a lean mix the extra octane keeps the heat down too .
Amsoil is huge up here in power sports it'd made in Superior, Wi so it's almost local.

Terence Hill

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I go by the manual.

From the Husqvarna 288xp manual:

33:1 Jaso FB rated oil. (I use FC )

NorthcentralYooper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had a feller call me today that had been having bearing failures in 562XPs. Of course, I asked about oil. He said he was using a locally made oil that he mixed at 64:1.

Well I said, that's why your bearings are failing.....
Got to love the home brew oil , yea I know the full time fellers are always trying to save a dime. Was it synthetic or Dino oil?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got to love the home brew oil , yea I know the full time fellers are always trying to save a dime. Was it synthetic or Dino oil?

Synthetic, and popular with the locals.

It probably would be fine at that ratio in a stock saw, but the saws he was telling me about were ported, and had compression increases. He was looking to find a new saw builder, but after hearing about his failures, I was more interested in having him try a new oil instead of a new builder.

BTW, by name is Randy.......what is your name sir?

NorthcentralYooper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Synthetic, and popular with the locals.

It probably would be fine at that ratio in a stock saw, but the saws he was telling me about were ported, and had compression increases. He was looking to find a new saw builder, but after hearing about his failures, I was more interested in having him try a new oil instead of a new builder.

BTW, by name is Randy.......what is your name sir?

Hi Randy, That's not me ... I haven't had any failures yet knock on wood. My name is Jason

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What don't you like on the autotune ?
They mostly run too rich. Especially ported. Had a 576 that would 4 stroke with a 20" unless you run an 8 pin and pushed hard. The 550 was finicky on fuel and really needed 40:1 with a thinner oil than 800 or Belray for sure.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
im running 40:1 husky xp oil in 545 and 365. no problems here. the oil is free through from work.
Maxima K2 ran fine at 40:1. Some of the others made it sluggish at 32:1.