High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any thoughts on kimber micro vs Sig p238 and or kimber micro 9 vs Sig p938?

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I really contemplated on the P938 but decided against strictly on cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I love my 1911 and SAO triggers, I wouldn't carry a SAO pistol anymore. Yes the trigger is much better but you aren't on a target range. You either have to carry it with one in the chamber and decock it which would require you to bring the hammer back then fire the pistol or have it cocked and locked. Either one will require you an extra step before firing in a split second. No matter how much you practice I wouldn't rely on being able to do so in a high stakes situation. That's why now I carry striker fire or DA pistols. I have a 380 bodyguard I carry as a backup to my glock 19. Just my 2 cents

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really contemplated on the P938 but decided against strictly on cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cost is a big factor, I like the looks of the sigs and kimbers but I plan to pocket carry mainly. Found a kimber micro raptor with 3 mags and 2 holsters for 5 hundo and a ruger lc9 for 260. Been leaning towards a 9 Only because I've got a pile of ammo

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cost is a big factor, I like the looks of the sigs and kimbers but I plan to pocket carry mainly. Found a kimber micro raptor with 3 mags and 2 holsters for 5 hundo and a ruger lc9 for 260. Been leaning towards a 9 Only because I've got a pile of ammo
My Shield is a little big for pocket but my buddy just brought in his new bodyguard like roller's and I'm not gonna lie, I don't despise it by any means. Very much so a pocket gun.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My Shield is a little big for pocket but my buddy just brought in his new bodyguard like roller's and I'm not gonna lie, I don't despise it by any means. Very much so a pocket gun.
Yes it is. While it has a long trigger pull it's easy to get used to. I absolutely love mine.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it is. While it has a long trigger pull it's easy to get used to. I absolutely love mine.

Considering a Body Guard for a pocket gun. I am told there is a pocket (sleeve-type) holster. Is that how you guys intend on carrying this weapon?

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Considering a Body Guard for a pocket gun. I am told there is a pocket (sleeve-type) holster. Is that how you guys intend on carrying this weapon?
I love this holster. It keeps your pistol upright in your pocket and stays in your pocket when you draw your pistol. Also works great in your wasteband and won't budge.20180404_185834.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any thoughts on kimber micro vs Sig p238 and or kimber micro 9 vs Sig p938?

I have a Kimber Micro .380 stainless. Accurate little booger and easy to carry. Back when I bought it, the equivalent P238 was over 100.00 more believe it or not. Now that they cost pretty much the same, I would go with the Sig. Reason being, it has a modern extractor design and larger ejection port. The Kimber is basically a Colt Mustang, so it is a 1980's design with small fixed extractor and small ejection port.

I did have to send mine back. Was having some failure to eject and the mag was releasing on its own. They replaced the extractor and mag catch and all is well. I will say, be sure to keep the extractor clean. It doesn't have much surface to grab the cartridge rim and dirt will cause malfunctions. I disassemble the slide and clean it thoroughly a couple times a year.

Like other Kimbers my Micro is accurate. I feed it the Lee 102 grain lead round nose sized to .357 over 3.1 grains Bullseye.