High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what concerns me. The gun shoots great, other than the sight issue. Timing is good, I lightened the trigger to where I want it and it breaks like a glass rod. It doesn't lead at all and there's no thread choke.
I'm afraid they'll dick it up.

Hmm, at this point the easiest thing may be to just go aftermarket. Dumb question: are you 100% certain the rear sight has it's full range of travel and is staying set properly? Reason I ask is, my best friend used to have a Rossi 971 with a wandering zero. This one was actually a very well made gun with a good trigger pull and tight lockup. We never could figure it out until one day, when adjusting the rear sight for the 900th time I noticed that the rear blade was not always moving when you turned it. Sometimes it moved and sometimes it would act like it was moving but would just return to the same place. We found that a little ball bearing that makes the sight click adjustable was somehow coming in and out of the little notch where it rides, making the adjustment go all over the place.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, at this point the easiest thing may be to just go aftermarket. Dumb question: are you 100% certain the rear sight has it's full range of travel and is staying set properly? Reason I ask is, my best friend used to have a Rossi 971 with a wandering zero. This one was actually a very well made gun with a good trigger pull and tight lockup. We never could figure it out until one day, when adjusting the rear sight for the 900th time I noticed that the rear blade was not always moving when you turned it. Sometimes it moved and sometimes it would act like it was moving but would just return to the same place. We found that a little ball bearing that makes the sight click adjustable was somehow coming in and out of the little notch where it rides, making the adjustment go all over the place.
Good thought.
I've checked the rear sight, it's all the way down.
I'm not the only one who has experienced this problem and Ruger says there aren't any taller sights available.
Being a newer type of front sight setup, there aren't any aftermarket options available yet. Hopefully this will change.
I'll work with some lighter and faster loads to try to get it regulated. I also have some extra rear blades I can file a deeper notch in.
I'm pretty disappointed with Ruger. Their QC has become non-existent. They push guns out the door and fix the issues as warranty work. In this case, there is no fix. Customers are stuck with guns they can't regulate to shoot to point of aim.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good thought.
I've checked the rear sight, it's all the way down.
I'm not the only one who has experienced this problem and Ruger says there aren't any taller sights available.
Being a newer type of front sight setup, there aren't any aftermarket options available yet. Hopefully this will change.
I'll work with some lighter and faster loads to try to get it regulated. I also have some extra rear blades I can file a deeper notch in.
I'm pretty disappointed with Ruger. Their QC has become non-existent. They push guns out the door and fix the issues as warranty work. In this case, there is no fix. Customers are stuck with guns they can't regulate to shoot to point of aim.

Totally agree with you. I don't understand why Ruger is putting so much effort into guns that nobody asked for like the LCP-II and Security 9 when they have significant problems with guns that people really want.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the front sight dovetailed in place? If so, I bet there is something that would work.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the front sight dovetailed in place? If so, I bet there is something that would work.
Yes. The dovetail is extremely shallow.
I'm going to look for a taller front sight but did find a Ruger deep V rear sight in a box of extra parts. It just might be deep enough to work. If not, there's enough material that I can cut the V deeper.
Here's a pic of the dovetail on the front sight.
image.jpeg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, ya know I bet Ruger didn't just create a new dovetail size out of thin air. It could very well be an existing size, especially since Ruger is probably buying those sights from an established aftermarket maker. If you like, I can ask on the Ruger forum about it.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, ya know I bet Ruger didn't just create a new dovetail size out of thin air. It could very well be an existing size, especially since Ruger is probably buying those sights from an established aftermarket maker. If you like, I can ask on the Ruger forum about it.
Thanks for the offer, I posted my issues there as well. The thread is in the revolver forum.
I did some digging last night and it looks like the front sight is a Novak that Ruger uses on several different guns. From what I could find, it's only available in one height.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read somewhere that it is the same dovetail size as the Super Redhawk, so maybe that would be an option for you.

Back on the original topic, I'm back in the .32 Auto game. I sold my .32's a couple of years ago to pay off bills but kept my molds, brass, and bullets. Since that time, I have felt like my arsenal has a yawning chasm in it that the .380's just can't fill. Stopped in a pawn shop today and they had a LNIB Kel-Tec P32 under the glass for $200.00 so I layawayed it. I'm looking forward to bailing it out, I think I still have a few boxes of Fiocchi 7.65 Browning left from the first one I had.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read somewhere that it is the same dovetail size as the Super Redhawk, so maybe that would be an option for you.

Back on the original topic, I'm back in the .32 Auto game. I sold my .32's a couple of years ago to pay off bills but kept my molds, brass, and bullets. Since that time, I have felt like my arsenal has a yawning chasm in it that the .380's just can't fill. Stopped in a pawn shop today and they had a LNIB Kel-Tec P32 under the glass for $200.00 so I layawayed it. I'm looking forward to bailing it out, I think I still have a few boxes of Fiocchi 7.65 Browning left from the first one I had.

I put the deep V blade in the rear sight. It helped some but is still not enough. I cut the V a bit deeper and will continue working it down, until I get it deep enough. I think it's going to work.
Too bad you have to resort to this type of jackology, to make a new gun shootable.

So, help me understand the popularity of the .32 acp.
I realize that it's been around forever and has a nostalgic draw but from a practical standpoint, there seem to be better options.
I had a Walther PP in .32 at one time and while a beautiful pistol, the cartridge left me wanting more in a gun for personal protection.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, for me there are a couple of reasons. I have owned both the Kel-Tec P32 and a Ruger LCP .380, both of which are nearly identical in size. The LCP is of course a bit fatter and heavier due to the larger cartridge. The .32 Auto is much easier to shoot in this size of a pistol. I can and did make mild .380's that made the LCP as easy to shoot, however doing so negates the advantage of a larger cartridge. The Kel-Tec P32 holds one more round than the .380 micro pistols.

For my purposes, the .32 Auto works better in a pistol of this size. I shoot my carry guns alot, and I think the gun will hold up better with this cartridge. Remember, the Kel-Tec P32 was the genesis for most of today's mini .380 pistols and was designed from the ground up for this cartridge. I cast my own bullets and reload. Each .32 Auto round uses 26 fewer grains of lead and around .8 fewer grains of powder than .380 Auto. Over the course of thousands of rounds that is a fair savings.

Don't get me wrong, I like the .380 Auto too. I just find it works much better if you move up a size from the really small ones. I have a Kimber Micro and Glock 42 and love shooting them. I feed them home brew +P loads that I would not feed an LCP. Not only would they put a lot more wear on the gun but they would be quite difficult to shoot. These larger pistols handle them no problem.

There are times when I want to carry a gun and need or want to be as discreet as possible. There are also times when I just want the smallest and lightest one possible that I can still shoot well. These are the times when I can't imagine a better choice than a tiny locked breech .32 Auto.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, for me there are a couple of reasons. I have owned both the Kel-Tec P32 and a Ruger LCP .380, both of which are nearly identical in size. The LCP is of course a bit fatter and heavier due to the larger cartridge. The .32 Auto is much easier to shoot in this size of a pistol. I can and did make mild .380's that made the LCP as easy to shoot, however doing so negates the advantage of a larger cartridge. The Kel-Tec P32 holds one more round than the .380 micro pistols.

For my purposes, the .32 Auto works better in a pistol of this size. I shoot my carry guns alot, and I think the gun will hold up better with this cartridge. Remember, the Kel-Tec P32 was the genesis for most of today's mini .380 pistols and was designed from the ground up for this cartridge. I cast my own bullets and reload. Each .32 Auto round uses 26 fewer grains of lead and around .8 fewer grains of powder than .380 Auto. Over the course of thousands of rounds that is a fair savings.

Don't get me wrong, I like the .380 Auto too. I just find it works much better if you move up a size from the really small ones. I have a Kimber Micro and Glock 42 and love shooting them. I feed them home brew +P loads that I would not feed an LCP. Not only would they put a lot more wear on the gun but they would be quite difficult to shoot. These larger pistols handle them no problem.

There are times when I want to carry a gun and need or want to be as discreet as possible. There are also times when I just want the smallest and lightest one possible that I can still shoot well. These are the times when I can't imagine a better choice than a tiny locked breech .32 Auto.

That all makes sense.
I've got a Kel-Tec P3AT in .380. While it's an extremely small package with a bit of bite, it's not a lot of fun to practice with and hard to shoot well consistently.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And, that's the rub. Much like guys who buy light weight magnum rifles, there is a definite point of diminishing returns. I firmly believe in the idea that shot placement is king and penetration is queen for any possible use of a firearm. A gun that is easy to shoot well gives me the best possible chance to make those things happen, and with quick follow up shots if necessary.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For all you Glock 42 and 43 fans, if you have an older one with the 40 pound trigger pull there is now an updated connector available. My 42 is from 2015 and had a very hard pull, so much that it usually drifted my shot left or right. I got the updated connector and installed it last night, now the pull is pretty much the same as my stock 19 and 26. The Glock part number is 33564, I got mine from Fleabay for $10.00 shipped.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My CC is a S&W M+P shield performance center .45 with night sights.
2d36bd34fddff01bf754ffd475ecee8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys,
I need some help locating this new updated version of a .32 six round revolver.
I can't recall the exact caliber, but it is advertised as being lightweight like a.32, but offering close to the stopping power of a .357 Mag...with 6 shot capacity.
I had a link to it...but it's a goner!

Thanks,
Reg
***UPDATE JUST FOUND IT***
.327 Federal Magnum
5452-lcr-327-fed-mag.jpg

Last edited: