High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

ARPILOT

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Great minds think alike!
Taran tactical +2 base plate

a7dc7e5d67db1b3e57abd220c89cee1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
nice set up ! I like the extended base pad.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not my pic. But this Sig 938 is what my wife carries ,and it is quickly becoming a favorite of mine! It's basically a baby 1911 and with the added crimson trace laser,it is one of the best pocket guns I have ever had the pleasure of firing, they also have the 238 chambered in 380 , but the 938 in 9mm (normally not my favorite round) is just hot enough to fit the bill and combined with the ideal frame configuration for CC and you will be impressed!
My wife has some of those spandex like concealed carry shirts, that place the gun in a shoulder holster position,and this weapon is slim enough to not even remind her that she is carrying.And light enough to not pull at the shirt or stretch it out of position.
I can't wait till it becomes a hand me down for me, that's how I get all my stuff, kinda sad, not really I'll take em however I can get em...

https://goo.gl/images/VooEFW

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not my pic. But this Sig 938 is what my wife carries ,and it is quickly becoming a favorite of mine! It's basically a baby 1911 and with the added crimson trace laser,it is one of the best pocket guns I have ever had the pleasure of firing, they also have the 238 chambered in 380 , but the 938 in 9mm (normally not my favorite round) is just hot enough to fit the bill and combined with the ideal frame configuration for CC and you will be impressed!
My wife has some of those spandex like concealed carry shirts, that place the gun in a shoulder holster position,and this weapon is slim enough to not even remind her that she is carrying.And light enough to not pull at the shirt or stretch it out of position.
I can't wait till it becomes a hand me down for me, that's how I get all my stuff, kinda sad, not really I'll take em however I can get em...

https://goo.gl/images/VooEFW
And they come in a million different colors, she just liked the engraving...

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet!! A few years ago, a 950 with factory threaded barrel came up for sale. Myself and some friends all put our money in the hat to buy it for another friend who is a big mini-Beretta fan. To say he was overjoyed would be an understatement. And, he already had an extended mag like yours so it's now a hi-cap silenced assassin's tool worthy of 007.
:campeon:

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A friend had a Beretta .22 like that years ago, though I don't remember if it was 22 lr or 22 short.Either way it was neat but even after serious cleaning, lubrication an inspection, I never could get it to run more than 2-3 rounds w/o jamming. Didn't matter what brand of ammo we tried. I hoe yours runs better.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend had a Beretta .22 like that years ago, though I don't remember if it was 22 lr or 22 short.Either way it was neat but even after serious cleaning, lubrication an inspection, I never could get it to run more than 2-3 rounds w/o jamming. Didn't matter what brand of ammo we tried. I hoe yours runs better.

My dad has one of those things in .22. I consider it to be a pricy paper weight.

It will not fire more that 3 consecutive rounds.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody have experience with the Walther PPS M2? I've been thinking about getting a smaller 9mm carry pistol, and so far the PPS and Glock 43 are what I like most.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got one in .22lr. It's a good little gun and hasn't given me any trouble. My sister liked it and bought one. She was shooting hers one day and the slide flew off. She traded it off soon after.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with the Walther PPS M2? I've been thinking about getting a smaller 9mm carry pistol, and so far the PPS and Glock 43 are what I like most.
I shot them both side by side (rentals) at a range in Denver killing time in between conferences a year ago. The Glock was fine, functioned perfectly, shot accurately enough for close range (15 yard or less) purposes. The Walther felt better in my hands, had a much less snappy felt recoil impulse, and was noticeably more accurate with the same ammo, (124gr Rem FMJ). The Trigger was FAR better on the Walther as well. I could buy the Glock and be OK, but I will likely buy the Walther, if a Ruger Sp101 doesn't land in my lap first.

I really liked shooting the 42 in .380 and figured that the 9mm would be just the ticket in the 43. Not so much. It reminds me of the difference in handling and perceived recoil from my old GenIV G23 and my current Sig P-250, also in .40S&W (and .357 Sig). The Sig is a Sweetheart to shoot in comparison to the Glock. I'd rather shoot my .357 or my .44 than either of them, but that's another matter.

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I absolutely love the Glock 42, one of my favorite pistols of all time. Glock hit a grand slam with this one, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I also have a Kimber Micro .380. It's a sweet pistol too, and the perfect size for pocket carry. I don't think it is nearly as durable as the 42 though and is an old design. You have to keep the extractor clean to prevent failure to eject, whereas the 42 can keep on trucking through total neglect. I also don't feed the Micro stout loads, it's just not made to handle them. The 42 eats Fiocchi FMJ and my own +P reloads no problem.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had never found a .380 that I like, to include the Walthers PP/K and PK380, prior to the 42. The now departed friend I mentioned earlier had a habit of buying new guns and letting me get the cherry on them, for evaluation purposes in my backyard range. When I brought it back from the initial firing, he laughed His rear-end off. He said, "You really must have liked this pistol". I asked Him what made Him say that. He replied, "Usually when I send you with a pistol and 100rds, you usually bring 50 or so back. This time you only left me with a loaded magazine"! :risas3:

W/O really paying attention, I blew through almost 100rds in nothing flat, while having a ball and hitting EVERYTHING I aimed at to include grouping decently off-hand at 25 yds. I could buy one of them very easily.

As far as Glocks go, I really like the 10mm and .45acp, to include the 30s and then the 42. The 43 I could live with. The only grips I like are the 42 and the 30s. The triggers and sights are all junk as far as I'm concerned and are better with with Apex-Tactical and Trijicon replacements respectively. I DO respect their durability, ease of use and general dependability though.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The triggers work well enough for me, I actually shoot better with a somewhat heavy trigger. The factory plastic sights are acceptable but the OEM steel sights are a huge improvement. Even though Glock lists the steel and plastic rears as having the same elevation, my experience has been thst is not the case. My 19 would shoot high with the shortest plastic rear installed. Switched to steel front and low steel rear and it's dead on. Could just be because the steel sights give a much sharper sight picture, anyhow I'm sticking with them. I installed an OEM steel front and Ameriglo plain black rear on the 42 and love it.

I'm really not in love with Glock guns themselves, the equivalents from Ruger, S&W, Springfield, or any other respected maker would probably serve my needs just as well. Except the 42 of course, nobody makes a .380 as sweet as that one! What I love about Glock is that they don't totally change their guns every 10 years, instead they just keep refining the same design. They also sell all their parts aftermarket, and you can buy them from numerous places. If you have a gen. 1 Glock 17, you can go to Midway and order every single part for it other than slide and frame right now. Can't do that with it's contemporaries, the Ruger P85 and S&W 5906. Plus, there are tons of aftermarket accessories for just about anything you could imagine.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I AM keenly interested in the new P365 from Sig Sauer. If the trigger is as good as the P320 and it feels anywhere near as good as the P320 and the Walther CCP, it could be a heck of a pistol.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am pretty stoked about the 365 too, looks like Sig really put alot of thought into it. I have a Glock 26 and, while it shoots good, is really not much different from the 19 as far as being wide and bulky. The 365 might be just what I need. Still, my next purchase is going to be a Ruger carbine.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually have either my Glock 17, or full sized Springfield 1911. But on occasion my series 1 Kimber Ultra CDP 3" if I need something smaller

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk