High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I like the concept of striker fire for trigger uniformity (hence my former carry piece Gen IV Glock 23). I was raised on a 1911 though (and am still addicted to them)... I'm now more of a revolver guy than semi-auto for several reasons and I'm really favoring DAO semi autos (my Sig P250) and DA/SA revolvers... The 250 (and its striker fired P320 brother) are very ergonomic, shoot well and can be configured in multiple calibers and in multiple sizes. I can pull the trigger twice quickly on the 250 for a hard primer, if need be, before racking to a fresh round and there is nearly NO chance for accidental discharge. You HAVE to pull the trigger to make it go bang.

As far as the revolver preference, since the barrel isn't moving in and out of breach, they tend to be more accurate (all else fair and equal with proper cylinder throat to forcing cone dimensional relationships). They're also usually boringly reliable, though not as fast to reload as autos, w/o much practice and either moon clips or speed loaders. They also tend to house more potent rounds. The .38 isn't bad, but the .357 is still the gold standard for manageable power. The .327 Federal Magnum is an interesting and potent little option too, and has more punch than any 9mm...

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For carry in the pocket of a sport coat or light jacket, I prefer the S&W 638.
For carry in a high ride holster, under a shirt or jacket, I like the G19.
I used to carry the G27 but I don't have the confidence in, or shoot it as well as the other two, so it's headed down the road, to be replaced by a 3" GP100 in .44 spec. Should be a dandy BBQ gun.

image.jpg

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stick with a Glock in a Incog holster if I'm feeling all "Tupperwareish". My G31 usually rides in it since it is my duty weapon. I usually have a G33 on my ankle as I am used to it being there and I walk funny without it.

In the summer casual mode, it's usually a pair of Smith and Wesson M&P 340 J frame revolvers, one rides in my left front pocket the other rides in a Milt Sparks summer special IWB holster. If not this setup, it is a Glock 43 in a custom kydex holster from a local maker.

If I'm feeling nostalgic, it is one of many 1911s I have, usually an Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, or Les Baer custom 5" gun. They always ride in a custom sharkskin OWB holster with a sport coat over them. I have a Milt Sparks summer special also, but I usually carry some other 1911 in it.

I tend to prefer a Glock now that I have carried one on duty for 10 years. A 1911 doesnt point as well right off the bat for me now. I HATE that the Glock has changed the way my mind makes my hand point a pistol. Also, they are pretty reliable and tough as nails. And you can't beat 15 rounds of .357 Sig in a single mag.

I have a few others in my rotation such as a Glock 30, 19, 22, 23, S&W 642, 625, 325 Thunder Ranch.

I like revolvers as a pocket gun because no matter how much lint/dust/etc is in there, they will go bang 99.9% of the time.

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I carry a 5" 1911 inside of a Milt Sparks Criterion holster. No, it is not bulky or uncomfortable. It is virtually invisible in that holster even with dress clothes tucked in at church, work, etc.

Why? - Because it is a far more accurate gun than many of the others I own and it has the "Dang, that`s a big gun that guy just drew on me" reaction when needed.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For carry in the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

Clockwise from 12:00
NAA four shot folding revolver in .22lr
High Standard derringer in .22lr
Bauer auto in .25acp
Jennings J22 in .22lr
Astra cub in .22s
Beretta Bobcat in .22lr
Kel-Tec P3AT in .380acp
Center is a Walther PPK/S, in .380acp, shown for comparison
image.jpg
Certainly not the first choice for protection but better than nothing.........

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For carry in the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

Clockwise from 12:00
NAA four shot folding revolver in .22lr
High Standard derringer in .22lr
Bauer auto in .25acp
Jennings J22 in .22lr
Astra cub in .22s
Beretta Bobcat in .22lr
Kel-Tec P3AT in .380acp
Center is a Walther PPK/S, in .380acp, shown for comparison
View attachment 48099
Certainly not the first choice for protection but better than nothing.........
Wanna sell me that bobcat?

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I. Might buy this Springfield armory modelView attachment 48109Any thoughts
I have a friend who carries one of those, without the laser. He really likes it.
I've shot it several times. With the extended mags, it's comfortable and easy to shoot. With the standard mags, not so much. feels like it wants to squirt out of your hand.
At 15yds, it's surprisingly easy to keep your shots in the 9 ring of a B27 target.
Although the gun has never had a stoppage while either of us were shooting it, when our wives tried it, there were a couple of FTF and FTE issues, Most likely the result of limp wristing the gun.
I much prefer the Springfield to my G27, even with extended base plates on the G27 magazines.
If I was looking for a subcompact 9mm, the 3.3" single stack would be on short list.
Good choice!