High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What has your dealer gouged you on lately?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Called my local guy who sells both Husky and Stihl, actual saw shop 40 years in the biz, not a box store. Was looking for a Zama carb kit for an ms211. He quoted me $39 for the carb kit (yes, tree-niner American dollars) and $58 for a whole carb. This is not the first time I've felt like I was done dry buying OEM Stihl parts.

This same dealer sells me OEM Husky parts for less than any of the popular online OEM parts sources will. So it's not him, it's the brand.

Boss man here helped me find the right kit for a much more reasonable 15 bucks.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 159512
$609 for this and add a maxflow setup to that. This only made sense because he got the 661 (crushed) for free. Saw had a half a tank of gas through it when it got crushed. Parts add up fast.
I just dropped $500 for Stihl MS661 parts to repair a saw run over by a huge rolling log. Somehow the saw kept running after the back handle was completely ripped off as if it were cleaved by a chop ax. So, the owner decided to save the whole saw because the engine still ran.

Anyway, the pull cord housing without a pull cord, pull cord handle, pulley, torsion spring, pawls, screws, etc. was over $110. In short, it's just a piece of molded metal that might have cost a buck to make. This is highway robbery.

Last edited:

bigrichard81

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going friday for a manifold boot, impulse and fuel line for my 028. Ill fondle a couple new ones while Im there.:babeando:
I just went looking for the same pieces. Report back what they quote. My local dealer ship quoted $30ish dollars for the intake boot. He shook his head and said he couldn't believe it. I laughed, bought just the fuel line and walked out.

JasonRKBA

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Impulse line 1115 141 8600 $6.38
Fuel line 1118 358 7700 $10.51
Intake boot 1118 141 2200 $38.63

Seems fairly priced. The boots are high everywhere but china.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn, I have to send my dealer a bottle of Jack.

I must be really lucky. It's just a little local place in a somewhat smaller city but my Husqvarna guy always gives me great discounts below anything I find online.

The local Sthil people are a bunch idiots tho, and never budge on price; even if paying cash.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an fs120 that a converted to a fs250, the carb that came on the 120 was a single adjustment, went to the local dealer to see what a new one would cost.....$129!!!!! Put a China one on and she runs good for $10!!!! Then a month later a found nib stihl branded zama’s For $20 on eBay..got 2 of them!

brandonstclair20

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My local stihl dealer gives me pretty good prices and I never have to pay for shipping. Some parts are just overpriced period. My local husqvarna dealer who also carries Stihl is very expensive on prices and charges a $4.95 shipping charge for every order. I have several Stihl dealers in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My local Stihl guy is a good guy. He doesn't know much and used to question everything I asked for. I'd go in with part numbers straight from an IPL and he would still look them up by the equipment model number.

He eventually figured out I knew what I wanted and what I was doing. Now, he just holds his hand out for the list and texts me the price quote later in the day. He will even order Stihl tools if I want em and sells me saws that owners didn't want to fix for dirt cheap.

I wasn't sure about him when I first moved out here, but I like him alot 2 years later. When a customer comes in for a bigger pro saw like a 441c or 461 and has questions, he sends them my way to run one in person. I've actually sold quite a few pro saws for him, 261s up to 461s.

The other Stihl dealers around? No thanks, I have a prostate exam on annual basis, which is enough for me.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't say anything bad about Kohler right now. I just priced a conversion kit for an older CH to do away with the problematic DSAM setup and go to MDI. Kit comes with a new engine wiring harness, two new coils, new mounting hardware, and a new flywheel for $160.00 retail.

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What aggravates me is when a dealer asks me why I want a certain part, like a plug for the decomp valve....because I dont need it....I advise against that.....I'll take my chances.....we cant get that part from husqvarna.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you might have to factor geographic location into the mix .In this part of Ohio for example is not a high impact area of logging etc .and most dealers make more money selling lawnmowers etc than chainsaw related items .In addition Stihl basically has no competition other than other Stihl dealers .
In areas of high chainsaw usage,Oregon,Washington,Idaho northern California I've heard Stihl dealers are much more competitive .

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, I forgot something. When I picked up my $500 worth of parts that were needed to fix a customer's 661 saw, I showed the dealer the saw that I was repairing. He then showed it to his own repair shop and brought back a slip of paper that his repairman wrote after he looked at the saw. This word was written on the paper: "Junk".

I guess they thought that note from the shop would encourage me to repair the saw.:bash:

JasonRKBA

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When the old man that rang me up got to the intake he said in my best old man voice "ohh, there proud of that one" then he chuckled and said sorry.lol