Mowers,Blowers,Trimmers?

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I Have a Scag Hydro Walkbehind.17hp kawasaki 52" cut.use a Husqvarna BTS 580 Back pack blower,bg86 Stihl Handhelds,FS250 Stihl Trimmer,Tanaka TBC280 Trimmer

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Turf:
60" Lazer Xs
48" Turf Tracers
KM90 kombis with string trimmer attachments
KM130 kombis with straight edger attachments
BR600s

Hort:
Turf Tracer Arc
Boxer 420 with bucket, forks, leveler, grapple, trencher, Reese hitch, auger (up to 30" bits), rototiller/renovator, tree boom arm and sling, tooth bucket, 30 gallon sprayer
HS45s
BR600s
KM130 with string trimmer, straight edger, adj hedge trimmer, rototiller, pole pruner, extension attachments
26' custom dump trailer - this is the workhorse for the hort guys on bigger jobs
We used to own some concrete buggies but now just rent them when needed.
TS400
a couple chain saws

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:ARMS1: nice dave.hope to upgrade to a boxer one of these days.but only after i get a stump grinder.not much.just need something above a husqvarna sg13.
being a one man band i have a hard time upgrading to anything above what i have since i cant employ anyone i can trust since my best guys moved on.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:ARMS1: nice dave.hope to upgrade to a boxer one of these days.but only after i get a stump grinder.not much.just need something above a husqvarna sg13.
being a one man band i have a hard time upgrading to anything above what i have since i cant employ anyone i can trust since my best guys moved on.
I understand that completely, my brother runs all the turf side of stuff, I just stay out of the way.
And this last year I helped a couple of my best former foremen get their own companies set up so they could do a lot of my hort work as subs :)
I picked the boxer up with a trailer and and five attachments during the winter a few years back from a rental place down in Atlanta on Ebay, clean bill of health with a new engine from Boxer and then Morbark bought out Boxer and they are great to deal with too.
I have lost a footbed spring and had a hydraulic line go out and other than fluids and filters that is it :)
It also has an external power lug that lets me run the electric sprayer rig direct from the machine so I can use the whole rig on rough terrain like railroad right of ways :)
All the guys think it is easier to do stuff by hand " we are stong we don't need a machine" , then I dig a row of 30" holes for new trees in crappy soil before they can gather the fertilizer and amendments :)
ahhhh this is good machine dave
they make stump grinders for mini skids but I don't hear anything good about them unless it is the dedicated toro grinder, they just don't weigh enough

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the sg 13 i rented a while back amazed me other than the stock teeth and the brake.made a damn good amout of money in 4 hrs.BUT i over charged for my area but under charged for the area where they were going to bring a crew in from.all of this is by myself.keep in mind i was nearly disabled for 9 months.with that job it took me 4 hours.
the other day the boy helping me and my buddy stacking riff raff (3"-6" rock) told me how to do my job catching what he was rolling to my buddy. i told him to gfy i knew what i was doing.keep the rock coming and keep the rock coming.i was using my head and he was using his back more than the melon he had on his shoulders.:risas3:

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Gravely ZT 2348 XL
Redmax TR2350S
Echo PB755
Lawnboy 7263
lone wolf 5X8 trailer
no stripping kit and a free hand edge with a trimmer
11239647_1136946476320067_3257587111724804606_n.jpg

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
come on man every guy needs a stripping kit :)
the grumpy old man in my neck of the woods has a couple thousand lawn boy parts mowers in back, it is redonkulous, even an old lawn boy rototiller of some type
we don't have any push mowers anymore, but one of my sibs has a 28" ex mark he is very proud of, it does lay a nice cut
we looked at Gravely, they have a nice heavy deck and a smooth cut, dealer isn't very local to us though

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i gave 300$ for the gravely had to replace some busted hydro lines fluid and filter it only has 450 hrs on it.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
come on man every guy needs a stripping kit :)
the grumpy old man in my neck of the woods has a couple thousand lawn boy parts mowers in back, it is redonkulous, even an old lawn boy rototiller of some type
we don't have any push mowers anymore, but one of my sibs has a 28" ex mark he is very proud of, it does lay a nice cut
we looked at Gravely, they have a nice heavy deck and a smooth cut, dealer isn't very local to us though
if you know how to set the deck up properly you don't need a stripping kit.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i gave 300$ for the gravely had to replace some busted hydro lines fluid and filter it only has 450 hrs on it.
dude you shouldn't admit to grand theft on a public forum :)
We don't use STRIPING kits either, but I assume a striPPing kit earns you bonus bucks at the titty bar when you use it :)
Does that model use fan cooled hydros? The recent Ex-Marks offer extended warranty terms with dealer performed hydro fluid and filter changes because some of them get HOT when you are cutting full bore.
It is sometimes hard to keep the fans blown out clean when cutting the fast and furious grass in April.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
dude you shouldn't admit to grand theft on a public forum :)
We don't use STRIPING kits either, but I assume a striPPing kit earns you bonus bucks at the titty bar when you use it :)
Does that model use fan cooled hydros? The recent Ex-Marks offer extended warranty terms with dealer performed hydro fluid and filter changes because some of them get HOT when you are cutting full bore.
It is sometimes hard to keep the fans blown out clean when cutting the fast and furious grass in April.
fan cooled hydrogear pumps and parker wheel motors i change the oil and filter yearly it specs mobil 15W50
fluid changes is the life of the mower and every day when mowing i rotate blades in the morning with a sharp balanced set.
some of the yards has tough bermuda.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the Bermuda can kind shred at the tips and look almost fuzzy right?
they changed the spec on our hydro fluid after the first change it was too heavy for summer running (hmm who cuts in the winter?)
blades changed daily is SOP here too
my turf tracker arc has hydrogear transaxles in it and I had to visit the factory in Chicago last spring for service

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the Bermuda can kind shred at the tips and look almost fuzzy right?
they changed the spec on our hydro fluid after the first change it was too heavy for summer running (hmm who cuts in the winter?)
blades changed daily is SOP here too
my turf tracker arc has hydrogear transaxles in it and I had to visit the factory in Chicago last spring for service
yeah same here they told me to use 5w50 gravely oil at 15$ per quart and i told them to shove it,i don't mow in the winter i usually quit around the 1st or 2nd week of november and it is still mild.

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I currently have a scag wildcat 61 inch cut, scag 52 inch vride, run all redmax trimmers and blowers. One man show now days. Let me look for some pictures.