Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
8:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For me, it came down to having no power factor correction, at the time Lincoln only had 400 amps of 240v, single phase with power factor correction, Miller had the 350 (400 amps) without power factor correction, the choice was easy.
Inverters were just coming on the market, and I didn't want to purchase something that wasn't proven, again, Miller pulled ahead

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
as far as stick goes...I think a generator machine burns rod a lot nicer than a transformer machine...
You know, I am sick and tired of reading your detritus, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about, the competition for the saw is over, go away TROLL

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For me, it came down to having no power factor correction, at the time Lincoln only had 400 amps of 240v, single phase with power factor correction, Miller had the 350 (400 amps) without power factor correction, the choice was easy.
Inverters were just coming on the market, and I didn't want to purchase something that wasn't proven, again, Miller pulled ahead
whats that pull for amperage only being 240 single phase? our sincrowave 250 pulls nearly 100 amps at 240V ...

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You know, I am sick and tired of reading your detritus, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about, the competition for the saw is over, go away TROLL
go suck a dick!
ive run ancient Lincoln DC generator machines that burn wayyy nicer than any transformer based machine ive ever used!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll just say that my Miller Bobcat 250 can't even get in the same ballpark as my Synchrowave 350 with 7018, 6011, or any other rod that I've tried

My no power factor correction Synchrowave 350 draws 4, and I did say 4 amps at idle

I'll be ignoring the rest of your posts, and warn everyone else that you have nothing to offer to this forum

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm no welder at all I can burn a stick welder better than some the generator / welders are actually pretty nice however I don't weld every day nor know half as much as you guys who do mig tig ark all day but it seems my generator will "start" a rod better just my opinion

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll just say that my Miller Bobcat 250 can't even get in the same ballpark as my Synchrowave 350 with 7018, 6011, or any other rod that I've tried

My no power factor correction Synchrowave 350 draws 4, and I did say 4 amps at idle

I'll be ignoring the rest of your posts, and warn everyone else that you have nothing to offer to this forum
just so you know...Bobcat's aren't generator based welders, they are basically an AC generator that powers a separate welding machine!
just because its an engine drive welder/generator don't mean its a true generator based welder

look up Lincoln SA-200....its a real generator based welder!
next time I suggest you atleast know what you have before running your NOPE!

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What about Hobart no one spoke two words on them Junk? I'm looking to grab a flux core maybe even harbor freight to keep in my shop for service calls. I can weld sheet metal with stick but you better be right Working on combines and the like I'm not dumping grands into one what would you think could simply do the job

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What about Hobart no one spoke two words on them Junk? I'm looking to grab a flux core maybe even harbor freight to keep in my shop for service calls. I can weld sheet metal with stick but you better be right Working on combines and the like I'm not dumping grands into one what would you think could simply do the job
nothing wrong with Hobart, lots of good old ones still running everyday, theyre owned by miller now, I don't believe they are really making much more than small homeowner size welders now ...all the big name little migs are basically the same...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah all I'd be looking for one to do is very small light gauge stuff I do it with stick but you really really gotta pay attention and keep it moving Mig w the gas is sorta no good for me I can do about anything with stick at this point I have a bad ass neighbor that does some of the real neat stuff for me when it comes to stainless cylinder rams and *s-word Wish I knew my rods a touch better.